27. the stars in our fault

A/N: I've literally written this chapter with three different scenarios

I only updated because everybody wanted me to and im all for the people

doctor who has fucked me up like ive begun to think every loud and weird sound is a tardis coming to take me away and it just gets my hopes up

12th doctor got me feeling some type of way

27 - The Stars In Our Fault

"Harry?" Niall asks the next day.

"Yeah?" I jump onto the kitchen island, swaying my legs.

"Where in the world would you like to visit?" Niall asks. "Anywhere in the whole entire world."

"New Orleans looks cool-- And so does Amsterdam."

Niall pulls a face. "Do you want to only visit Amsterdam because of that cancer love story book? The Stars In Our Fault?"

"The Fault In Our Stars, Niall." I roll my eyes. "And no, I want to visit Amsterdam because of the song Amsterdam by Imagine Dragons. That and because it looks really cool and artsy."

"You like them artsy, huh?" Niall raises an eyebrow. "Then, oui, oui, sir, French artist at your service." Niall imitates a French accent and I burst into a fit of laughter.

"How the hell are the French artsy?"

"I don't know! They just look like artsy people!"

"And all you said in French was yes twice," I laugh harder.

"I took Spanish class instead of French, don't bully me, Harry Styles." Niall stands in front of me, arms crossed and frowning.

"I wouldn't bully you." I giggle, tugging him gently by the collar of his shirt until I press my mouth against his.

Niall is quick to drop his crossed arms and cup my face, maneuvering himself in between my legs.

Niall's mouth seemed to always taste minty. (I say that in the least disturbing way possible.)

He always tasted like he was fresh out the dentists office or something. Like he swallowed a whole bottle of Colgate toothpaste.

"You're a good kisser." I compliment, pulling away from the semi-makeout session to peck him.

"I remember when I had to fight you into kissing me." Niall sighs. "I'm a true 90's kid, Harry."

"You're still an asshole, by the way." I laugh. "If I didn't like you, I would've called the cops for assault."

"I'm not an asshole. Nobody dates assholes, Harry." Niall mumbles. "I'm a wonderful blessing that's come into your life, dumbo."

"Whatever happened to princess?" I tilt my head.

"I thought you didn't like princess." Niall teases.

I roll my eyes. "Of course I liked it."

"If you keep rolling your eyes at me they'll pop out of your skull." Niall raises an eyebrow.

I almost roll my eyes at his remark, but then I think otherwise (just incase).

"I'm going to ask you a question, alright?" I say softly.

"Okay."

"And if it's personal then you don't need to answer."

"Jesus Christ, Harry I told you the first thing I'd do if I were a woman is masturbate are within the first few hours of knowing you," Niall rolls his eyes. "Nothing is personal."

"You just rolled your eyes at me." I raise an eyebrow.

"Shut up." Niall replies and I laugh.

"Alright... Um, why don't you like love?" I ask. "I mean everybody in the world is looking for love or in love or in love with the idea of love but you just... Don't really care."

"Love is a terrible thing, Harry Styles." Niall whispers. "It's the worst thing you could ever do to yourself."

"Why?"

"The people you love always leave, that's why." Niall mumbles. "They either need space or can't deal or it's for the best or you just wake up one day and they're just fucking gone."

"You sound like you're talking from experience?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I've been around the block."

Him and his fuckin' metaphors.

"I think you just need the right somebody to love."

"This isn't Match.com." Niall mumbles. "There is no right person to love. Everybody is the same."

"I'm serious Niall." I laugh, "You just choose bad people. They think it's a long-term fling and you'll think it's a real relationship. One bad person doesn't make everybody a bad person."

"Again with my point of the more people you love the weaker you are." Niall whispers. "I mean, you've watched Supernatural. Dean loves everybody and look how many times it fucked him over. He ended up in hell, twice."

(Good point.)

"I'm still not getting it." I murmur. "Simplify it for me, I'm lost."

"Love is a circle," Niall sighs. "You want love, you look for love, you find love, you love love, then you loose it. And then you start over. I'd prefer to stay out of that circle."

"Niall--"

"Love is suicide, Harry Styles."

Suicide: the act of killing yourself intentionally.

"How is falling in love suicide?" I murmur.

Niall's mouth curves into a small smirk, "Only one way to find out."

• • •

A/N: why are women taught that our only point on this earth is to be a housewife and get married and have children like fuck that i don't want to get married and children are annoying as hell and are only cute like 15% of the time, the other 75% of the time they're whining and the last thing i'd want to in my life is become a housewife i don't understand this concept girls have been moulded into

***i just became aware that 75 + 15 equals 90 im so stupid

(the feminist in me is strong today)

ALSO WHILE IN IN FEMINIST MODE WHY CAN'T GUYS WEAR LEGGINGS LIKE THAT SHIT IS COMFORTABLE AS HELL AND YOURE MISSING OUT BIG TIME

and the next few chapters might just be a little backdrop on nialler over there

AND nobody gets to know how niall broke the sink until the semi-end of the book

i start school in seven days so seven days until im ready to die woo #gosarahgo

Vote • Comment • Follow • Share