14. ice ice baby

A/N: when Harry's hair is done growing out he's either going to look like bruce jenner, johnny depp or matty healy and the thought of that keeps me up at night

it actually really does keep me up at night though its 1:30 am right now and all i can think about is harry hair i care too much about the loser

14 - Ice Ice Baby

"But we aren't on a date." I frown. "We're just friends, Niall."

"You and denying my crush on you." Niall laughs, taking a sharp turn. "It's funny you're denying what's right in front of you."

"You don't like me, you're just saying that to mess with me." I mumble, hugging my knees to my chest. "I know how this works. I've watched movies."

"Then why do I get butterflies around you?" Niall asks. "And why do I enjoy seeing your face and seeing you smile and hearing you talk and exist and be a living breathing person that's in my life? Hmm?"

I blush crimson and burry my face into my knees. "Ugh, don't even-- Ugh."

"And why do I--"

"You can stop right there." I inform.

"You love receiving my shower of compliments, Harry." Niall nudges me with a smirk plastered into his face.

"You are making me so uncomfortable right now..."

"I'm not sorry." Niall says cheekily. "And you denying my crush doesn't make it go away, Harry Styles."

This is awkward.

Knowing that a random criminal you were trapped in a store with had a crush on you.

"Are we really going to the beach?" I ask to break the silence.

"Nah," Niall shrugs. "I'm not risking myself like that and I'm pretty sure you don't want to go. You don't seem like a beach person."

"You know me so well." I exhale.

"Where do you want to go?" Niall asks.

"I'm pretty hungry."

"We just ate?"

"That doesn't change the famished feeling inside of my internal organs."

"I love it when you use your fancy little medical words on me." Niall wriggles his eyebrows and I laugh.

"You notice the weirdest things."

"Right now I'm noticing that you have the prettiest eyes."

"You are so gay," I blush. "Literally. You are literally so gay."

"What does literally even mean?"

"Literal language."

"You're so smart." Niall praises me quietly. "I love it. Everybody loves smart people."

I blush harder and pretend to wipe something off my face to hide my blush.

"And adorable. You're the full package, Harry Styles." Niall praises under his breath, rolling into a drive thru.

"A drive thru ice cream parlour?"

"Hell yeah," Niall grins. "What flavour do you want?"

"Vanilla."

"Psh," Niall scoffs, "Cookies and cream is the flavour that could potentially move a nation and you're getting a plain flavour."

"I love vanilla!" I exhale. "Vanilla everything! Cake, cupcakes, cookies-- Everything."

Niall pulls a face but rolls up to the window anyways.

"Could I have a vanilla cone and cookies & cream ice cream cone?"

"Say please." I mutter under my breath.

"Please?" Niall adds, not bothering to look up at the woman.

"That'll be 10 dollars."

"Could I pay credit?" Niall asks.

"Yeah, just drive up to the other window."

"Thanks." Niall presses the has pedal and speeds to the other window which was only two meters.

"Debit or credit?" The man at the window asks.

"Credit." Niall grabs a credit card from his back pocket (as if he was prepared?) and quickly presses a couple buttons.

"Here is your ice cream." The boy exhales, handing Niall two cones.

"Thanks." Niall grabs the cones, hands me mine, and speeds away.

"Why are you speeding?" I ask as I reach for my seatbelt, checking if I was buckled in.

"Didn't you see their faces?" Niall replies. "They knew who I was. They were trying to get my plate number. And I used a fake credit card."

"Oh." That's all I can say. What else could you say?

"Shit," Niall murmurs, looking into the mirror.

"What is it?"

"Hang on," Niall says under his breath before taking a sharp turn into a parking lot. "Hold my cone." He practically tosses his ice cream at me.

"What is it--?" I manage to get out before Niall jumps out of the car before it even stops moving and disappears.

I stick my head out the car window to see Niall fumbling in the trunk of the car before pulling out a different plate number and switching it with the one he currently had on.

"That's so illegal." I blurt and he glares up at me before shutting the trunk.

"I'm doing it for you." Niall remarks, sitting back inside the car.

"What?"

"I don't mind going back to jail but I'd never forgive myself if I got you thrown in there." Niall huffs. "I don't think you could survive the first day."

I give him a loopy smile and lean back into the seat. "I don't mind the thought of me going to jail." I say as I lick my ice cream cone.

"I mind the thought of you in jail, which is enough for me." Niall sighs. "And hand me my cone."

"It'll be like Orange Is The New Black!" I exclaim, giving him his ice cream.

"Not everybody in jail is gay and female, Harry."

"I know," I shrug. "That's prison."

• • •

A/N: just a short little thing for everybody

everybody leave a confession in the comments so I'm not a loser talking all alone ahaha

let's talk about After okay

I MEAN LIKE My best friend always texts me at 4AM over how tessa cries like a little bitch and how harry's the hottest asshole to exist so i decided to read it right because I used to text her at 4AM over the book Fanboy so i went and I read up to chapter 50 then the book gave me so much anxiety I LITERALLY COULDN'T READ ANYMORE IT WAS UNHEALTHILY AND HARRY WAS A JERK IF I WAS TESSA I WOULD'VE LEFT HARRY BY CHAPTER 15 IM NOT ABOUT THAT STRESSFUL LIFE MAN

Vote • Comment • Follow • Share