#28: Your in a bad car crash

Beaches in the summer were like bliss to me, the hot, golden sand under my feet, the sun beating down onto my back, I even loved the shine of the sun cream on my skin, everything about it was perfect, but little things like these were even more important to me when Gerard was here to share them with me, like today.

Today, both of us were travelling down to our nearest beach, it was only a 12 minute drive from our home, so it was a lovely day trip out for both of us.

Gerard rushed down the spiral staircase, his sunglasses making there way down his nose while he nearly skidding when he reached the wooden flooring below, he slowed down, he gathered his feet and walked into the kitchen, collecting the sandwiches I had pre-made out of the fridge into plastic containers, then into our beach bag. I could tell today was going to be perfect.

Gerard carried the bag towards me as I stood in front of the front door, ready to get into the car and drive away and get lost in paradise, he came closer towards me and placed the bag down onto the floor, he placed his arms around me, just above my hips, and pulled me closer, I wrapped my arms around his neck and came onto my tip-toes and pecked his lips. He smiled his pearl white smile at me.

"Oh, what was that for?"

He winked at me and pulled me in closer, I looked to the floor and smiled, blushing nearly.

"Just for being you and also taking me to the beach today, it's so nice of you, just, thank you Gee"

I looked up at him, his eyes glaring at me with happiness, his smile still as wide as ever, they way he had been for a long time, happy, smiley Gerard.

"Well Y/N, you know me, any excuse to see you in a bikini"

I slapped his back playfully and started laughing, I unhooked my arms from around Gerard's neck and then unhooked him from around my waist.

"Come on, I think we should go, the sun will go down soon Gee"

Gerard picked up the beach bag as I opened the front door and opened the car, Gerard placed the bag into the boot of the car then shut it, he then walked around the car and placed himself in the drivers seat, I locked the front door and placed myself into the passenger seat.

The car started and we reversed out of the drive way, the streets were clear, it was 1pm, which to me was a little strange, it didn't add up, kids loved the hot weather, the hanging out with friends, ice creams, the works, but I guess just not today.

I started looking through the glove compartment, wondering what was in there, until I stopped and flung back into my seat.

Gerard screamed at the large lorry that was coming our way, Gerard swerved to avoid it, but he couldn't, the lorry came straight into the side of our car, the impact of the hit made the car roll down the road we were on, I hooked onto my seatbelt and screamed, I saw blood drip onto my shorts from my head, it was like something out of a horror movie.

The car stopped rolling and both, me and Gerard, sat there in shock, not daring to move a muscle, Gerard looked at me, his nose bleeding and hands cut up from the broken window glass, he saw my head gushing blood and tore a piece of fabric off his shirt, he came closer towards me, the car creaked, and began to tip, Gerard came back to his original position to save us both.

An ambulance crew member opened Gerard's door and he got out, he looked at me, but was rushed away by the ambulance crew to the ambulance, another crew member opened my door and told me to get out step by step and slowly, so I did. We were both rushed to hospital to be checked over, I had two broken ribs and cuts all over my body, Gerard had broken his arm and 3 ribs, all from the impact, we both spent 3 days in hospital, both next to each other in the ward, never leaving each other's side.

We never got to the beach in the end, our perfect day was like a car crash, literally.