#12: He cuddles you when there's a thunderstorm

"G-Gerard"

I turned around in the silk covers to face Gerard, his eyes closed shut as slept.

It was 3 in the morning and thunderstorms rumbled through the household. Thunderstorms were my worst nightmare, the thought of the lightening lighting up our bedroom absolutely made me want to hide.

"Gerard, please, w-wake up" I shook him gently, but enough to wake him.

His eyes still securely shut, I placed my pillow over lap and curled into it while surrounding myself with my half of the covers, tears slowly dribbled from my eyes, I felt so stupid, but I was just so scared.

I felt Gerard breathing next to me and his movement as he turned himself to where I was.

"Y/N?"

His elbow now propping him up next to me, his bed hair sticking up, I turned towards him with tears still coming down my eyes.

"Hey, Hey, it's okay the thunder won't hurt you, I'm here now baby, it's okay"

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, my head now on Gerard's chest, his heartbeat proudly beating Into my cheek. He soothed me by stroking my hair as I cried harder.

"Gee, I'm s-so scared, I d-don't know why, I want it to g-go away"
I stuttered into his chest crying still, he rubbed my back and whispered into my ear.

"Y/N, it's okay to be scared, your scared of thunderstorms, I'm scared of needles, were all scared of something, if we weren't, we wouldn't be who we are today princess"

He snuggles me closer to him and held me tighter then before.

"I love you Gee, so much" I muttered into his chest, still listening to the beat of his heart.

"I love you too boo" he kissed my head.

(H.P.O.V)

She fell asleep to my heartbeat, I kissed her head and placed my head on top of hers. I didn't want to see Y/N cry like that, she means to much to me to see her that upset, I love her, my job will always to be protect her from anything, from now till forever.