#27: Paparazzi harass you at your home

I had always hated shopping night, I never liked the way people crowded around one section of the supermarket to try and get one thing, or how you had to dodge trolleys with yours so you could get past, in all honesty, the moment I got in was the moment I wanted to get out, but today it felt different, Gerard had taken a break from recording to spend some time at home with me, I loved it when he had time off, he always made up for the time he had missed with me.

Both of us walked down the aisle that led us to the checkout area. Gerard was checking the list that he had in his smooth hands, his eyebrows knitted together as he read it.

" Y/N, are you sure we picked up the banana's?"

I stopped the trolley and turned around to face him, I smiled at him and shook my head a little.

"Yes Gee I'm sure I picked them up, even if I didn't, we can always go to the corner shop and get some, please stop worrying over banana's"

I laughed a little more and Gerard had a slight smirk on his face, he placed one hand on the trolley to push it and one hand on my lower back and we began pushing the trolley together to the counter.

"Come on Y/N, let's go pay for our items and go home"

We made our way towards the counter and placed all our items into bags and then into the trolley again, I paid the cashier at the counter and thanked then for there help, we made our way outside to the car park and loaded our heavy shopping into the car.

After this, I jumped into the passenger seat and waited for Gerard to drive us home, I didn't know how to tell Gerard that I felt something was wrong, I had a strong feeling that something wasn't right at our house, my eyebrows knitted together as I placed both my cold hands onto my knees.

Gerard jumped into the car, leaving a draft as he came in, his strong aftershave, that I loved, filled the air, it calmed me, he placed the key into the engine and turned the car on, he looked at me and I looked at him, he smiled at me and I gave a short, weak smile back. He placed one of his cold hands onto my black, skinny jeans and one hand onto the gear stick, all I could think about was home and what television show would be on tonight.

We drove 15 minutes back to our house, none of us spoke, Gerard focused on the road and I focused on looking out of the crystal clean window, I never noticed how nice the area we lived in was. Gerard turned into our small street, only to find paparazzi outside our house, blocking the drive way, their cameras flashing in our faces as we pulled up to our house.

Gerard looked at me with a horrified face, as I looked out of the front window, wondering what they wanted, wondering how many of them are here. Gerard place, his now, hot hand into mine, hooking it protectively, I squeezed his hand for protection as I looked at him.

"Okay Y/N, this is what we have to do, we leave the shopping in the car and come back for it when they are gone, we just walk inside, if it is a struggle, then we will have to fight our way through them, don't answer any questions they throw at you and I will have your hand in mine all the time, I won't let you go, I want you to be safe okay? sound like a good plan?"

I nodded my head at him and smiled a half hearted smile, I took my keys out of my bag for the front door, so I wouldn't be rummaging when I got there, Gerard pulled me in for a light kiss, the camera flashed even more then before, he let go and we both made our way out of the car.

I came round to Gerard's side of the car and took his hand into mine, I squeezed it gently to indicate I was scared, he squeezed it back, trying to tell me that 'it was okay, he was here'.

Cameras flashed at our faces from all sorts of magazines, many of them throwing out questions such as 'when are you getting married?', 'Gerard, do you love Y/N?' and the list continues, we both barged our way to the front door of our home, we were half way there until a man in a white suit cut me and Gerard off by the hand, I was surrounded by flashing lights, screaming paparazzi asking me questions, I was scared, my eyes were on the verge of creating a waterfall of tears down my cheek, they were touching my clothes and coming closer and closer towards me, I looked for Gerard, I could see him looking for me, I put my hand up the highest I could to be noticed by him, he did notice me.

"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, Y/N IS IN THERE!"

I have never heard Gerard shout like that before, he barged aggressively through them to get to me, he held his hand out and I grabbed it immediately, he pulled me through the crowd to the front door, I could tell he was pissed off, I opened the door and went inside, Gerard turned around and looked at the paparazzi.

"Please leave now and don't come back again, you have caused disturbance to me and my family, now please go"

He slammed the front door and walked towards me. His cold, large hands snaked around my waist as I buried my head into his chest, he rocked me back and forwards trying to soothe me from what had just happened.

"Your okay princess, your okay now"

He whispered into my ear, I looked up at him, his hazel eyes sparkling from the light of the sun that was peaking through the curtain.

"Thank you Gee for saving me from that"

He smiled up at him, he smiled downwards towards me, he placed his large hands onto my red cheeks.

"It's fine baby, now, why don't we watch a movie together, you go set it up and I'll go get the shopping from the car"

I smiled at him and he let go of my face, the paparazzi were gone now, only the odd few down the road still, but nothing to worry about, the only thing I knew was that Gerard would always protect me from anything, from small to big, he would always put me first.