#23: Gerard proposes to you

For the last couple of days work was really stacking up, 3 out of the 5 days I did at work, I had to stay behind and catch up, I was tired to say the least, the only thing I looked forward to doing after work was seeing Gerard, he makes me feel like I can do this all again.

I walked through the glass front door and closed it with a bang, it was
7 o' clock when I had got home and I smelt my favourite food waiting on the table, it smelt good, but why was Gerard cooking?

I walked through the living room and into the kitchen, the wooden floor creaked underneath me while I made my way past the white sofas, staring at our marble table that was now had red roses in a clear long glass holder in water, the chairs had white ribbon around them in a bow, candles were lit all over the kitchen, they were scented raspberry and vanilla, they smelt beautiful, as the lights were turned off, the wine glasses filled with red wine, placed next to the square glass plates with our food on them, the cutlery laid out correctly, it was perfect.

I walked further in, shocked, it was tearful to think he had gone to so much effort for me.

"Gerard?"

I whispered out loud, hoping he would appear and he did. He was wearing a black suit with a slim black tie wrapped around his buttoned up white shirt and his black trousers all matching, he looked so handsome, I was so glad he was mine.

I stared at him as he walked closer to me, his socks sliding on the kitchen floor as he walked faster and faster towards me, he wrapped his arms around my neck, I put my arms around his waist and smiled up at him as he looked down, half smiling at me.

"Hello , my gorgeous, Y/N, how are you today?"

He whispered at me, still looking at my face, his hands tickling the back of my neck, I looked to the floor and grinned, then looked back up.

"I'm wonderful, what's all this about Gee? is something special happening?"

I said confused at what was actually going on, he never did things like this, I was so surprised, what was he planning?

He took his arms from around my neck and placed his hands onto my hips, dragging me closer towards his straight suit, he smiled at me.

"Can't I show my girlfriend that I love her very much and she's my everything?"

He smiled at me, I blushed at what he had just said, I placed my arms from around his waist, leaving my hands on his face, connecting his lips with mine, I still felt the butterflies I had when I met him 3 years ago, it had never changed, he always left me breathless.

I pulled away from his lips, he walked over to my chair and pulled it out for me, he was always a gentlemen like this, he pushed me back in and went to his own seat, he lifted his glass of red wine and I raised mine.

"To Me and You, for sticking it out this long and for an adventure every single day"

He said proudly, we clinked our glasses together and began to eat our food, it was delicious, I never knew he could cook as good as this, I was impressed.

"Gerard, this is really good, I never knew you were this good! you should cook more often"

I laughed to myself and Gerard gave me a nervous smile and laugh, then it all started to come together.

"I want to cook for you everyday Y/N, I want to wake up in the same bed next to you and make you breakfast in bed, I want to have the best possible life with you, I want to look after you when your ill, I want to have little Way's with you, I want to do everything with you, I love you so much Y/N, you are the reason I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face, the reason why I don't do drugs or drink until early morning, your the reason why I'm still here today"

Gerard came over from his chair and grabbed my hand gently to lift me up, he walked me over to where a small candle was burning bright, my stomach was doing flips, what was he doing?, my face was as red as the wine, we stood there for a couple of seconds until Gerard grabbed my hands and lowered himself down on one knee.

"I've been wanting to do this for about a year now, but I never had the right moment, well, I do now, Y/N I love you so much and couldn't live a day without you, could you please do me the honour of becoming Mrs.Way by marrying me?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box that had a 8ct engagement ring inside, my head was exploding, I looked at the ring, and then at Gerard, my mouth wide open, I grinned at Gerard while a tear of happiness fell from my eye.

"YES! OF COURSE, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES!"

He stood up and I jumped into his hug and he lifted me up and twirled me around in his arms, he placed me down and held my hand and placed the ring on my engagement finger, I grabbed his face and gave him a hard kiss, lasting for a good 6 seconds, I let go of him and kept our faces and bodies close as he spoke to me

"You have just made me the happiest man on the plant Y/N, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you baby girl"

I smiled at him a grinning smile, pecking him on the lips with mine, He grabbed my hand and placed it on his heart.

"All of this belongs to you and it always will do, forever and always".

I hugged him again and a tear of happiness, again, slipped my eye, he was everything I could of asked for, I couldn't wait to be Mrs.Way.