#13: Your mother doesn't like him

I was packing to go to my parents for the day with Gerard, the sun was beaming down through the window in the kitchen while I packed my handbag with the essential items I needed.

My parents had never seen Gerard before, I was nervous, would they like him? hate me for choosing him? I don't know, all I knew was that I didn't care what they thought, I love him with everything I have.

Packing my last item, I closed my bag shut, slung it over my shoulder and went into the bright living room.
Gerard stood near the front door with the car keys in his hand.

"Ready to go Y/N?" he muttered, I could tell he was more nervous then me ,hence why he was muttering.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders and looked at him. He placed his hands on my hips.

"You look nervous, it's going to be fine, they are going to like you Gerard, I mean, who couldn't? and even if they don't, it doesn't matter, because I love you"

I said loud and clear too him to make sure he heard. He grinned a wide smile and planted his lips onto mine, kissing me with little force. We let go of each other and opened the front door and locked it, we both walked to the white car and sat inside, Gerard started the engine and we drove towards my parent's house.

It had taken us half an hour to arrive at their home. The sun had dimmed down to a manageable heat and brightness. We both stepped out of the car and walked towards my parents house

'Here we go' I thought to myself, my mother had never been understanding when it came to boyfriends or anything in fact, my dad was fine with it all, it was just my mother.

I knocked on the door and my dad answered , he pulled me in for a hug and looked at me and let me go.

"Darling!, welcome home, we have missed you so much! and you must be Gerard, it's very nice too meet you, we have heard so much about you!" He placed his hand out for Gerard to shake and Gerard happily shook it

"It's nice to meet you too Mr Y/L/N" Gerard grinned at him trying to make a good impression.

My dad invited us inside, the smell of an English roast dinner filled the household, my parents had moved to America when I was young, but they still liked to keep their British roots. I walked into the kitchen hand in hand with Gerard, my mother was standing, stirring the gravy. She looked at me then examined Gerard, looking at him up and down.

"It's good too see you again Y/N, it had been some time and you must be Mr.Way" she snarled at Gerard while saying his name.

"It's nice too meet you Mrs Y/L/N"

Gerard reached his hand out to hers, so they could handshake, she looked at it and carried on with what she was doing. She was being so rude.

My mother plated our roast dinners and we sat down at their glass table, my mother on one side of the table and Gerard on another. We munched into our roast dinners when my mum sparked conversation with Gerard.

"So Gerard, what do you do for a living then?"

"I use to sing in a band called My Chemical Romance, but now I spend my time going solo at music festivals and small gigs and doing Art"

Gerard smiled at her politely, my mum dropped her fork as Gee spoke.

"You sing in a band? you expect to make money that way? are you delusional?"

She snarled at Gerard, I looked at my mum in disgust and my dad sat there, not daring to say a word.

"MUM! was there really any need to say that? Gerard and myself are doing fine, have been for the last 3 years, we are financially and happily stable thank you very much"

My angry had built up inside me, my mother stood up from her place at the table and spoke again

"He can't provide Y/N! what about when you have kids? You decide you want a bigger house? What are you gonna go when he brings a 'groupie' home and cheats on you?" Your dad gasped

"That's enough Diana! Sit down now!" Your mum sat down and looked at Gerard, Gerard was raging, his face red with anger. He stood up and grabbed my hand , so I stood up too, taking a stand against my mother.

"I love your daughter with everything I have, I would do anything to give her happiness and everything else she wanted in this life and beyond. I am never planning to cheat on her or anything along them lines, so stop please, I came here nervous today, scared I would become hated, you know what, I don't mind, from the moment I walked through that door, you judged me, so this is me judging you, your just a nasty person, who really needs to look bigger on life"

Gerard placed his hand in mine and we opened the front door and we flung it open, it closed with a clash, and got into the car and drove away.

"God Gerard, I love you so much, your literally my everything"

You grinned at him, you placed your hand on top of his that was currently on the gear stick.

"I love you too baby girl, forever and always"

He smiled at me and we drove home, I never wanted to see my mother again, I had all I need here, Gerard was all I needed.