#31: You and Gerard decorate the Christmas tree together

It was a cold, snowy December afternoon, me and Gerard had just come back from Christmas shopping, wanting to get everything sorted for Christmas early.

I collapsed into the brown leather sofa that sat perfectly in front of the warm, marble fire place, sinking in next to where Gerard was placed, he placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me gently closer to him, so the felt of his jacket brushed against my cold, smooth face, I looked up at him and smiled, I saw his glowing eyes stare down at me, grinning at me while stroking my hair.

"What's up Y/N?" He whispered to me, still stroking my hair, starting from the top and finishing at the bottom.

"I feel like doing something Christmassy, I want to do something nice with you, as a couple, considering it's cold outside"

He stopped stroking my hair, and took his arm from around me and sat up straight, he came closer to me and kissed my forehead, he placed his hand on my cheek and whispered:

'What would you like to do then baby?"

I couldn't stop looking at him, how his eyes lit up in a dark room and his gorgeous facial structure, I found it hard to find the words, he gave me the feeling of when we first met, the feeling of love, my cheeks went rosy red and I looked to the ground and spoke:

"I want to decorate the Christmas tree, you know, with tinsel and baubles"

He jumped up of the sofa and removed his hand from my face.

"Christmas tree it shall be then!" He shouted as he went up the spiral stairs, I got up off the sofa and waited for Gerard to come down with the tree and decorations that we use every year.

He came back down with them and placed them on the light brown coffee table, he placed the tree in the corner of the room, where it goes every year and he opened the box of decorations and placed them all out on the floor to put onto the tree.

I put on some Christmas music and made hot chocolate for both me and Gerard before we started to get us in the Christmas mood, and it sure did.

We placed our hot chocolates down and started decorating the tree together, passing the tinsel from Gerard to me, which then went onto the tree, we placed the baubles one by one and the fairy lights around the tree so they lit up and glistened the room, we danced to Christmas music together, his hands on my hips, as we swayed to the music, his red hair flopping forward onto this forehead, which always made me giggle, I brushed his hair back and kissed him lightly on his forehead and then placing my head on his chest as I leaded into as we danced.

"I love you Y/N, forever and always, I hope we have many years of this to come, I never want to let you go"

He pulled me closer towards him.

"I love you too Gerard, we are one, forever and always, now let's put the star on out tree"

We shuffled over to the tree, where it stood oh mighty and tall, he gave me the star and picked me up so I could
place it on top, he placed me back down. We both stared at the tree, I found his hand, and folded my fingers into his finger gaps, we both stood and started.

We knew that this was the first Christmas tree that would start a trend of decades of Christmas trees, as we stay together as one and nothing was going to change that.