#14: Baking with Gerard

It was Friday afternoon and it was cold, so cold in fact that the puddles from the day before had frozen over in the back-garden.

I sat on the sofa crossed-legged drinking coffee with Gerard, his eyes glued to the television screen that had some documentary plastered on it, I was never a fan of documentaries on TV or at all, so I thought to myself, what could I do to keep myself occupied? then I had a thought, I had brought some brownie mix the other day, let's bake!

My eyes light up at the idea in my head. I jumped up from the pure white sofa, making Gerard jump at my sudden movement, he watched me with intrigued eyes as I ran to the kitchen to wash my hands and set up what I needed.

I placed everything I wanted out and began pouring the brownie mix into a bowl,I cracked my eggs, placed the correct amount of water and olive oil in and I mixed together.

Gerard was leaning against the door frame, seeing what I was doing, he walked towards me and hugged me from behind and whispered into my ear

"You scared me when you jumped up you know, I thought something was wrong"

He pouted at me for sympathy, I laughed at him and leaned my head back on his shoulder

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to scary you, I just had a sudden thought that's all, I just wanted to make some brownies"

I smiled at him and he let me go, he stood behind me while I whisked for 2 minutes, until he spoke up again

"Can I help? Anything you want me to do princess?"

He grinned at me, leaning his hands on the black marble work surface, supporting his back.

"Of course you can, you don't need too ask, can you turn the oven on to 180 degrees and then can you line the baking tray with grease proof paper please Gee?"

I had my back facing him, he came up behind me and kissed my cheek and dipping his finger into the brownie mixture.

"Yep, of course, oh by the way, that tastes perfect, a bit like you"

He winked at me while you turned around and grinned while I was shaking my head at his lame joke,

'Dirty Gerard' I thought to yourself while still grinning

I had both done what you needed to do and I placed the brownie mixture onto the lined tray, Gerard placed the brownie's into the oven, not wanting me too burn myself.

I began filling the washing up bowl with soapy water, liquid bubbles were coming from everywhere. Gerard grabbed a handful of bubbles and blew them at me, they landed all
in your hair, I opened my mouth shocked while Gerard was creasing with laughter, I grabbed some bubbles from the sink and placed them on his face and hair, his face dropped and I started laughing.

"that's it Y/N!, GAME ON" he shouted while scooping up some more bubbles while I ran into the living room as fast as I could, I hid behind the sofa, hoping he wouldn't find me, but he did.

He placed all of the bubbles on my hair and face, we were both now soaked in fairy liquid and we just laughed about it, He grabbed my face hard and we kissed behind the sofa, I could taste the liquid on his lips while he held my slippery face, the kissed was become deeper, harder and I happily obliged, until we were stopped by our timer on the oven, Gerard let go of my face still holding it, I looked up into his eyes and the looked down, smiling at the floor.

Gerard kissed me hard one last time and gave me the look of love and passion, the way his eyes glistened when he was happy, his eyes were glistening right now.

"Come on Y/N, let's go eat brownies and I think we should just put the washing up in the dishwasher"

Gerard jumped up from off the floor with exclaiming this and reached out his hand to help me up again.

We both walked into the kitchen, me following Gerard like a duckling, he grabbed a oven glove and removed the brownies from the oven and placed it onto the sideboard. He cut the brownies into squares and left them to cool for 10 minutes.

Once the brownies were done, I placed two bowl's out on the sideboard and I dished out the Vanilla ice cream to go with the brownies into the bowls. I placed the brownies in with the vanilla ice cream, I felt like we had created a master piece.

"We did good Y/N, we did good"
He said out-loud, proudly.

We were both looking down at them in proudness and then that soon passed, we grabbed our bowls and spoons and walked into the living room, we sat on the sofa, snuggled into each other, my head on Gerard's chest and his head on top of mine, we dug into our brownie and ice cream, this was the way things were suppose to be, blissful and happy.

We had turned a boring Friday afternoon into something special for us both, something we will never forget, because we did it as a team and for the love of food.