Plot Bunny #6

I sold my soul to the devil.

I had no choice. It was for my family, my brother.

But did you know?

I didn't until I saw it with my own eyes.

The devil was 5'11" tall with a beautiful face, shoulder-length, black hair, and wore gray contact lenses. The last one was probably to hide her red orbs.

The devil truly was gorgeous and a lot has been fooled.

-

Shit.

I groaned as another kick landed on my stomach.

"Valdez, pinagbigyan ka na nga ni boss na bayaran mga utang niyo ng paunti-unti. Pero wala ka pa ring bayad ngayon?!" said the stout man in front of me.

His two equally stout and ugly comrades sneering behind him in the secluded abandoned park near my school where they caught me.

I cursed myself for being stupid enough to take this shortcut.

I couldn't dwell on it as I got another kick on the stomach that made me want to vomit.

"Ano?! Sagot!" The man shouted again.

I already told them that I couldn't prepare enough money because Kian got sick but to them, it didn't matter. Not like I could anyway. I probably need to sell an organ just to pay a fraction of my parents' debt.

Angry tears started to fall from my eyes.

This wouldn't have happened if only my parents did not go to these people. Or if my parents were still alive.

"Ayaw mong sumagot, ah!"

I prepared myself for another blow I knew was coming.

But it did not come.

"Taba!"

A woman's voice echoed in the park that got everyone's attention. I craned my neck to search for her. But the three men were blocking my view. She appeared behind them.

"Sinong tinatawag mong taba?!" The man hissed.

"Ay, sorry. Lahat nga kayo matataba. Pero ikaw ang tinatawag ko."

The woman sounded confident but she was definitely stupid. I wanted to warn her to get out of here but I couldn't find my voice.

All men moved, obviously pissed.

"Ang lakas ng loob mo miss na insultuhin kami," the other goon spat.

"Hindi ako nang-iinsulto. At isa pa, gusto ko lang naman magtanong," she paused. "Magkano ba ang utang niya?"

My heart pounded. She was talking about me.

"Sino? Itong si Valdez?" The man who kicked me asked.

He was curious, I knew. And in his curiosity, he moved a little but just enough for me to see her.

Beautiful.

That was my first thought when I saw her.

Empty.

That was the second one. Her eyes held nothing but boredom as our gazes met for the first time. She wasn't here to help.

"Magkano utang niya?" The woman repeated.

The third man was the one who answered.

"Anong pakialam mo?"

"Babayaran ko."

All three laughed like it was the greatest joke they've heard.

"Miss, kahit ibenta mo ang kaluluwa mo, hindi mo kayang bayaran utang nila."

"Magkano?" The woman asked again more firmly.

The one who kicked me sneered.

"10 million."

I gritted my teeth.

Our company was going bankrupt. But they borrowed enough to give a  jump start for the company again. It was going well at first but a merger between two of our competitors ran our business out and we found our company again in the brink of bankruptcy. Before we could even think of a solution, a car accident took my parents' lives leaving Kian and I to fend for ourselves.

I didn't know my parents went to a loanshark to try to save our company until after they showed up in my parents funeral. I thought I could save us but as it turned out, everything we owned was already mortgaged to the bank. Our competitors wasted no time to take over our small company. We lost everything in a span of two weeks.

"10 million?" The woman asked.

The men nodded with arrogance etched on their faces.

The woman took out something from her rectangular sling bag.

It was a cheque book. She started writing on it.

"10 million," she said as she held the piece of cheque on her hand.

All of us looked at her in astonishment, uncertain if she was serious or not.

She looked at me again as she started walking towards me. The three let her pass.

"Kanino ka may utang?" she asked as she looked down on me.

I was still clutching my stomach as I sat there on the ground.

She was stepping on my pride as she stood there condescendingly. I had so many questions like why was she helping me? What does she want? But Kian's smiling face was enough for me not to ask any question. I need to protect Kian.

"Lee Xiao Huang," I rasped out.

She wrote the name on the cheque.

"This isn't for free," she said.

I nodded. "I'll pay you."

I didn't know how but I will.

She turned to the three goons again.

"Sabihin niyo sa boss niyo na6 kung may problema pa, ako ang puntahan niya. Alam niya kung sino ako," the woman said as she gave them the cheque. "Kung wala na, ayoko na makita pagmumukha niyo."

The three were still angry but held back when they got the cheque. They must have recognized the name on the paper because they all shared a look when they saw the cheque.

When the goons were gone, she turned to me again.

"Now, how will you pay me?" She asked softly.

She was playing coy. She already had something in mind.

"How can I pay you?" I asked.

She stared at me and she probably realized I wasn't up for any more bullshit.

She grinned sinisterly.

"With your soul."

My eyes widened.

"What?"

She laughed.

"Kaluluwa mo. Pagkatao mo. Be my slave, Valdez."

-

Author's notes: Happy 2019 guys. This actually was supposed to be a oneshot pero ang haba. Hahahaha. So maybe next time.

Thanks for reading!