Plot Bunny #5

WARNING: SENSITIVE CONTENT.

The national team had a late night practice when Mika stumbled upon a scene she didn't expect to witness.

Mika's car was parked on the farthest and darkest part of the lot. There were lots of cars earlier and that spot seemed perfect. It was private and quiet; a fact Kiefer Ravena took advantage of.

"What do you mean na ayaw mo?! Anong pinagmamalaki mo sakin?!" Kiefer hissed.

Mika saw Kiefer and Alyssa near a baluster. She saw the anger on Kiefer's face and the fear on Alyssa's.

Mika was frozen when she witnessed the last thing she expected to see. Kiefer punched Alyssa on the stomach so hard that Alyssa bent over.

Mika reflexively dropped her bag and ran towards the two when she saw Kiefer raising his fist again. She was just in time to pull back Kiefer's arm just as he was about to throw another swing.

Kiefer's eyes widened in surprise before it was replaced with rage.

"What do you think you're doing?!" she almost screamed.

"Stay out of this! It's none of your business!" Kiefer hissed.

Mika took a few steps backward putting herself between Kiefer and Alyssa. Alyssa was still groaning in pain.

"Gago ka ba?! Sinuntok mo si Alyssa!" she exclaimed in disbelief.

"Again, it's none of your business!"

"It fucking is! Teammate ko si Alyssa at kahit hindi, wala kang karapatang manakit ng babae! Gago!" Mika wanted to explode. "Hintayin mong malaman ng iba 'to! Magsisisi ka!"

Kiefer smirked.

"Who would believe you? I'm going to  dent it and so will Alyssa. Tingnan natin kung sino ang masisira dito," Kiefer challenged before turning to Alyssa. "Fix this, Alyssa."

Mika wanted to run after Kiefer and punch and kick him when he turned away but she didn't. Instead, she turned to check on Alyssa.

"Ly, fuck, anong nangyari?" she asked with concern as she put an arm around Alyssa's waist and helped her walk and lean on the baluster.

Alyssa looked at her with fear and apprehension.

"Please, Mika, stay out of this. You didn't see anything. Nothing happened," Alyssa begged.

Of all the things she expected Alyssa to say, it wasn't that.

"Tama nga siya. Puprotektahan mo siya," she said with disbelief.

Alyssa's gaze hardened.

"Stay out of my business."

Mika clenched her jaw, trying to keep her temper from flaring.

"You know what? Fine! I'll stay out of your business! Pero sasamahan muna kita magpacheck up," she hissed.

She couldn't believe Alyssa was being stupid. As much as she wanted to help and no matter how angry she was, she couldn't meddle if Alyssa didn't want her to. But to ease her conscience, she must at least make sure Alyssa will be fine. Kiefer packed that punch with a lot of force, she knew.

"I'm not going to get checked," Alyssa said firmly while wincing.

Mika wanted to pull her hair out. What the fuck was wrong with Alyssa?!

"Nasaan kotse mo?" Mika asked, thinking of other ways to help.

Alyssa looked away.

"Sundo mo dapat siya?" she seethed.