YeYeon

"Tangina! Nagbibiro ka ba?!" Mika shouted at the woman in front of her.

She can't believe it.

She can't believe she was willing to risk it all and sacrifice everything for the woman who captured her heart but is full of empty promises.

"I'm sorry. Hindi ko pala kaya," the woman replied gravely.

"Tangina naman, Alyssa! Akala mo ba madali para sakin? Mahirap pero kakayanin ko. Kasi mahal kita!" she said firmly, pushing the shoulder of the woman before her lightly.

Damn it.

How and why the hell did she fall in love with Alyssa in such a short period of time? Why did she believe Alyssa when Alyssa said she loves her too? Why did she agree to break up with Jerome only to be let down like this? Why was she stupid enough to think they could actually be together?

"Akala ko ba mahal mo ako?" she croaked.

"Mahal kita," Alyssa answered. "Pero natatakot ako. I don't think people will accept me or us. I'm sorry."

"Babe, kung mahal nila tayo, matatanggap nila tayo," she reasoned.

But Alyssa didn't budge.

"Hindi ko kaya. I'm sorry."

Alyssa turned her back on her.

And maybe that was the most painful part of it all. Alyssa can turn her back on her so easily.

She wanted to shout. She wanted to scream at Alyssa about all the things Alyssa promised. She wanted to convince Alyssa to just give them a try and not give up. She wanted to beg.

She didn't.

She held back the tears until Alyssa was out of sight.

She was too proud and in her anger, she convinced herself that someone who can just leave her like that isn't someone worth chasing after.

She kept her held high as she headed to the pool of the hotel because she knew no one was going to be there at such a late hour.

She sat down on the edge and sank her legs on the water.

Then she started crying. Silently. At first.

She cried because even though it hasn't been long since she fell for Alyssa, she fell deep and hard.

She cried for all the moments they shared. She cried for all the moments they will no longer share. She cried for all the broken promises. She cried. And she cried.

She almost screamed when she felt a cloth went around her shoulders.

"No need to cry. You just have to train harder. Next time, you win more."

She didn't exactly register any of that as she stared at the woman who was suddenly sitting beside her with a comforting smile on her beautiful face.

"Don't cry. Fighting! Yes?"

The woman even fisted her hand and did the 'fighting' action.

That's when she was brought out of her stupor and she immediately covered her face and wiped the tears away.

Shit. It was the most embarassing moment of her life.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry. Shit. Sorry you have to witness that," she muttered as she tried to look presentable.

"No, no. It's okay. Sorry for invading privacy," the woman apologized before smiling again. "No crying because you lose. You use it to motivate and win!"