The Truth (Part 6)

She couldn't believe seeing her ex being happy with another was going to be absolutely painful. Crippling. It was like torture.

She didn't know why she had to see it. Why did she have to stop and look at the Kiefer Ravena and the Alyssa Valdez talking while standing closely to each other on the small bridge. 

And then, their eyes met. 

She was once again staring directly at the eyes of the person she loves the most. Loves. Present tense. Yes, she still loves her ex.

Yes, ex. Alyssa Valdez is now her ex.

For that instance, she wished that she could take every bad thing that happened between them. She wished she could go back in time to correct her mistakes. 

She shouldn't have allowed them to break up.

She screwed up.

-

"What the hell is this?!" Alyssa shouted during their Facetime. 

It looked like Alyssa was already in her room and she could how angry Alyssa was. Alyssa was holding her phone out to the screen and she didn't have to look long to know that it was that article about Jerome admitting he was now her boyfriend.

"Babe, calm down. Let me explain," she said in a soothing manner. 

She really didn't want to fight with Alyssa. She missed her so much as it is and she didn't want to spend the few minutes they spend online fighting.

Alyssa was clenching her teeth.

"Don't explain, Mika. Tell me the truth. In love na ba sayo si Jerome?" Alyssa said dangerously.

She wasn't able to answer. 

He was. Jerome was in love with her. Jerome admitted it to her. She told Jerome though that she was only and will always be in love with Alyssa. Jerome accepted it.

"First, yung 'not 23' na post niya. And now, this! So please, just tell me the truth."

She sighed.

"He is." She saw the pain in Alyssa's eyes. "But Babe, I told him na ikaw lang ang mahal ko. Alam mo naman 'yan, eh. I love you. Ikaw lang."

She tried to convey with her words the only truth her heart knows. Alyssa seemed to have heard it.

"Break up with him. I don't want him anywhere near you. Not now. Not ever," Alyssa said calmly but seriously.

"I-I can't," she whispered. 

"Why not?!"

"Babe, please," she tried to calm Alyssa down again. "Hindi naman ganoon kadali 'yun. Kakasabi lang niya na kami na tapos makikipagbreak ako. Ano na lang iisipin ng mga tao?"

Alyssa sighed.

"Babe, please," Alyssa begged. "Alangan naman na hayaan ko na lang siyang agawin ka sakin."

"Babe, hindi niya ako maaagaw sayo. And he's not planning to. Napag-usapan na namin ang set up namin, Babe."

She told Alyssa how Jerome said he understood and that he wasn't really planning on trying to mess up her relationship with Alyssa. Jerome only wanted her to know. All he was asking was for him to be able to care for her even though he knew she wouldn't be able to return his feelings. 

"At pumayag ka?!" Alyssa yelled again at the end of her story.

"Bakit hindi?" she asked. "Sinabihan ko naman siya na baka mahirapan at masaktan lang siya kasi hanggang kaibigan lang talaga siya para sakin. Pero okay lang sa kaniya. He's a good friend of mine, Babe. His confession doesn't change that."