Endless Possibilities (Part 2)

It's 2019.

You once again find yourself in a group of women who would be fighting for the flag for the SEA Games right here in your homeland. You're hoping you could win the gold this time considering that the team is composed mostly of the same people. You don't mind that some were replaced because the addition of one of the country's best setter and one of the best open spiker could only help your team, you believe.

You are excited and nervous.

You are excited to be fighting with these women again. You are excited to win with this team. But you are also nervous. You're nervous because this time, you are tasked to lead the team. And with the bar that the previous captain set, a podium finish, you're scared you will fall short of it.

But then you looked at her.

You looked at her and your fears vanished. She may not be the captain anymore but she is your assistant captain. She will be with you as you lead the team to the top. With her, you just know you will be able to do it.

"Okay, girls, let's talk about our plans now before our first official practice tomorrow," you told them and they all huddled around you.

"SEA Games will be held in the Philippines and I want everyone's commitment to the team. I want everyone to give 120% of their everything in every practice and in every game we'll have. This year, we're not just aiming for a podium finish. This year, we're aiming for gold. Right?"

Everyone of the women around you agreed.

"Let's win our first gold right here and let's make everyone proud! So let's all work together towards that goal, okay?"

A chorus of agreement once again echoed. 

You gave a little bit more speech about the team's goal, team work, hardwork, and reminders. When you were done, you turned to her.

"Ye, do you want to add something?"

"Nasabi mo na ang lahat, Captain," she said with a wink that made you blush.

It did not go unnoticed to your teammates and they laughed at you. But they did not give it much thought because for the past few months, they've been seeing thar kind of gestures from her and they thought she was just harmlessly teasing you.

You know better.

Everyone was dismissed and they started to separate to their own groups. You made your way to your belongings because you still have an endorsement you need to attend to. But Kim's loud voice got your attention.

"Orayt! Walwal na bago ang hirap!"

You glanced at Kim and you noticed Kim had her arms around Ara and her.

You frowned.

"Walwal talaga?" Jovz asked.

"Siyempre, i-treat pa namin si Wafs sa pagkapasok niya sa NT, eh!" Kim answered. "Sama kayo?"

You ignored Kim and looked at her. She was looking at you, apologetic.

"Mika," you called her loud enough. 

She excused herself and came to you.

"Akala ko magdidinner lang kayo?" you asked, careful to keep a smile on your face so that the others wouldn't notice something was wrong.

"Akala ko rin, eh. Pero si Kim kasi lasinggera, eh. Sorry," she apologized. "Hindi ako iinom ng marami. Promise. Or sama ka na lang?"

"You know I can't," you said bitterly.

You didn't want her to go to a bar without you. You don't want her drinking around Ara and possibly some boys whom she will catch the attention of.