World (Part 3)

Alyssa felt like the whole world was crashing down on her.

It wasn't the shaking of the ground or the falling debris. It was losing sight of her wife and her son among those.

She screamed and she screamed, trying to get people's attention on her family. She fought off the people trying to keep her from running off. But they got the best of her and they didn't listen to her.

She was hyserical. She was crying and screaming. It felt like eternity before the shaking stop but everything was a blur.

In fact, when the shaking stop, she was running away from her group and she went back as close as possible to where she saw last Mika and Alrin. But her path was blocked.

She was shocked. She was hyperventilating. She felt like she was dying. She was frozen. It was a whirlwhind of emotions and state.

Still, she tried really hard to find a way in. But she also knew any movement she make could make things worse for her family. No one could say for how long she was there, trying to find a way in.

By the time rescuers came and found her, she was sitting on the floor and hugging her knees. She was crying because she was scared. She was so damn scared for her family.

"Ma'am, kailangan niyo pong lumabas. Delikado po dito," the rescuer, a man in his 40s, said.

She stood up and clutched on the man's coat as if her life depended on it and maybe it did.

"Sir, 'yung pamilya ko po! Nasa loob po 'yung pamilya ko!" she cried, begging for help.

"Ma'am, hahanapin po namin sila. Sisiguraduhin po namin na lahat ay mahahanap namin," the man said comfortingly. 

He did not understand.

She clutched tighter on the coat. She took several deep breaths. She tried to explain as calmly as possible.

"I can't lose them! Please, Sir! Please, tulungan niyo po ako!" she begged.

Maybe it was some kind of miracle but the man agreed. The man ordered men to check the surrounding and to find a way in. They seemed to know what they were doing.

She didn't know how long it took but they found a way in. They gave her a vest and a helmet so she could join them.

Inside, where the court used to be, where she last saw Mika and Alrin, the damage didn't seem as extensive and hope started to bloom in her heart. It was immediately crashed when she saw lighting eqipments, metal railings, and a piece of the roof piled up on one area. It was where her wife and son was. She stopped on her tracks. She felt dreadful.

The man went ahead of her before he shouted for everyone to be quiet. When they did, she heard it.

She started running towards the sound.

"Help!"

The sound was muffled but she knew it was her son.

"Alrin?!" she screamed, when she was right the barrier that was enclosing her son.

"Mom-" Alrin started to shout. "Tita Ly?"

She heard the fear and longing on her son's voice and she felt relieved for a second even though she hated herself knowing despite everything, Al still followed instructions of not calling her Mommy in public.

That will end. She will not waste this other chance given to her.

"It's okay, baby. Mommy's here!" she said.

She heard Al sob.

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you, too, Baby," she said sincerely. "Baby, how's Mama?" she asked fearfully.