Thank you, Jho!

I kept a smile on my face even as we were losing. I had to be strong. My teammates, my friends, they need someone to tell them it's okay, we did our best; we have nothing to be ashamed of.

When I saw Jho start to cry, I immediately approached her and hugged her. I kissed her on her forehead. I hugged her. I kissed her on her cheek.

"Stop crying, Jho, it's going to be okay," I whispered. "I'm proud of you."

And when she hugged me back during those times, I wished I could take all her pain and regrets away.

I was in pain, too, but I'd take all of hee pain if I could.

I wanted to hold her longer but I saw the cameras all around us and I knew I shouldn't. We weren't how we used to be.

I put an arm around her as we made our way to the other side of the arena to thank the people who supported us. I held her for a short while and I hugged her again before giving her another kiss on the cheek.

I hope she felt what I wasn't able to say with words; I hope she knew I'll always be here for her no matter what.

But then I saw him and I knew I had to stay away. I saw him and he held her close to him. She cried on his shoulder.

It used to be me.

It used to be us.

I smiled sadly as I remembered the memories.

I went to the dugout hallway but I waited for her. We were once again away from the crowd.

She had her head bowed down but she looked up when she realized I was standing on her way.

I opened my arms. She stepped inside and I held her really tight. I felt her arms tighten around my waist.

"I will always be here for you, you know that, right?"

She nodded.

"And I will always need you."

"I love you, Jho," I said with all my heart. "Let's not lose our friendship after all this is over."

"Mahal din kita, Bea," she replied as she nodded.

It warmed my heart.

It didn't matter that we didn't mean it the way we meant it years ago.

It was enough that we love each other.

"Thank you for the past four years, Jho," I whispered.

"Thank you for everything, Beatriz," she whispered back.

We cried.

We may no longer be together but we will always have a special place in each other's heart.

It was definitely enough.

...

-

author's notes: Thank you, Jho! Next season, AnimOBF ulit sa finals ah! Hintayin namin kayo. 😭

Thank you for reading. 😭😭😭