Crazy: Dennise

There was the love of her life, peacefully sitting on their rocker, looking up at the starry sky.

At the young age of 72, her wife had a heart attack. And now, a year later, it was evident how tired Alyssa was. Alyssa was only fighting and staying for her and their family.

And as she watched a small smile play on her wife's lips, she knew Alyssa was thinking of her like she always does when she looks at the stars. Was Alyssa thinking of the moment they will meet again?

She shook her head.

No, probably not. Alyssa probably remembered something from the past but she knew Alyssa had never and would never think of a future with anyone else but her.

She smiled.

They've gone a long way. They've faced many trials but they still ended up living a happy married life with children and grandchildren of their own.

A memory played on her mind.

-

"Can I have a hug, Ly?" she said before Alyssa and her could part. "Na-miss kita, eh."

She did. She missed Alyssa so damn much.

Alyssa proceeded to hug her tightly.  "Na-miss din kita, Den," Alyssa said honestly.

She put her arms around Alyssa too and pulled her as close as possible. They stayed in that position for some time.

She didn't want to let go but she knew Alyssa was excited to go.

Alyssa waved goodbye to her one last time before turning to go to her car. She did the same.

She tried to hold back the tears that was threatening to fall until finally, she was in the car and she could let it all out. She cried her eyes out as she leaned her forehead on the steering wheel.

She had never meant to lose Alyssa.

She only broke up with Alyssa and pretended to be with L.A. so that Alyssa would finally have the courage to fight for her. Yes, L.A. and her nerver was and will never be together for real, not even in the past 3 months.

She didn't expect Alyssa to give up on her after a few tries. She didn't expect that the last time Alyssa would chase after her was that Valentine's invitation she declined. She didn't think Alyssa would fall out of love with her and fall in love with someone else in such a short span of time.

She didn't realize how little their years of relationship meant to Alyssa.

Fuck it.

Fuck Alyssa.

Fuck her.

She shouldn't have let Alyssa go.

She cried until her tears ran out. And when it did, she promised herself she would get Alyssa back.

It didn't matter how long she would have to wait. She was willing to wait. She promised that she and Alyssa would still be the end game.

-

There was a time she blamed herself for the events that followed after. She had wondered if it was because she prayed that she and Alyssa be the endgame that the universe took it upon itself to make it happen.

Even at the expense of someone's life.

But that was impossible. It was absurd.