She Will Be Loved (Part 2)

"Ate Ly, please, ngayon lang. I just really need to get her off my back so I could process everything I need," Bea pleaded.

Alyssa tried not to hate on Bea for acting that way and for not knowing how lucky she was.

"You're doing this behind her back and I don't support you, Bea," she replied. "Just talk to her."

"I've tried, Ate! She doesn't understand how much I want this!"

"Make her."

"I can't! I've tried," Bea said frustratingly before plopping down on the couch beside Alyssa. 

They were in Alyssa's condo unit because it was Alyssa's rest day but Bea barged in and disturbed her.

"Sa totoo lang, Ate Ly, napapagod na ako," Bea said seriously. "Sobrang clingy and selosa niya. Nakakasakal na."

Alyssa clenched her fist subtly.

"But do you love her still, Bea?" 

Bea turned to Alyssa and answered without doubt.

"Of course, I do, Ate Ly. I love her so much." The sincerity in Bea's voice made Alyssa calm down a bit even though her heart was breaking. "It's just really hard. We don't see eye to eye."

Alyssa sighed. 

One year. That was how long Bea and Mika has been together. The two were madly and happily in love until Bea decided to pursue an offer in Japan as a singer. They, in the band, understood. Mika didn't.

And looking at her best friend now, she could see how tired Bea was. Alyssa knew Bea was trying really hard to keep her relationship with Mika working but she also knew how difficult Mika was being to Bea.

"What exactly are you asking from me, Bei?" she whispered in defeat.

Bea's eyes lit up and she could almost feel how much lighter Bea felt at that moment.

"Just treat her out, Ate Ly. I'll pay for everything. Then try to convince her to let me go to Japan, please. You know somehow she listens to you."

Alyssa sighed again. "Okay. I'll try."

"Yes! Thank you, Ate!" Bea said before hugging her. 

Alyssa returned the hug. 

"You know where her condo naman is diba?" Bea asked. Alyssa nodded. "I don't think she has anything on her plate today so puntahan mo na lang siya kapag ready ka na, okay? Thank you ulit!"

Bea left immediately after. 

Alyssa on the other hand was left covering her face with her hands. What was she doing? Why was she doing this?

-

Alyssa couldn't help but frown as she looked at the woman who looked like she didn't want to be there. The tall, fair-skinned woman with short hair whom she fell in love with long ago was there to listen to them again. Alyssa knew that even though the woman would look like she was bored, which she probably was because she was in the company of her girlfriend, the woman still listened to their songs intently. 

Alyssa sighed. If only she had the guts to approach Mika. If only she had the guts to blatantly try to win her heart despite having a girlfriend. Mika's girlfriend, Victonara Galang, doesn't deserve her. Did Alyssa? Probably not. But at the very least, she would treat Mika better.

Giving Mika a smile even though Mika wasn't looking at her, she whispered what she has always dreamed. 

"I wish you were mine."