Love (Part 2)

"Most of all, I want to thank the woman who has been patient and understanding with me for the past three years of our relationship. My girlfriend has always inspired me to do better and more importantly, she taught me an important lesson that made life easier for me: always return kindness. So Love, thank you! Thank you for everything! I love you, Mika Reyes"

The precious memory from 4 years ago stopped playing in her mind someone hit her in the back of her head.

"Hoy, Ye! Tulala ka na naman? Iniisip mo na naman si Bea 'no?!"

She ignored Kim and kept staring at the roof of the gym. 

Kim sat beside her. Kim was probably bothering her because she was sure most people already went home after their practice ended. Not her. Bea consumes her mind when she wasn't doing anything.

"Mahigit dalawang taon na noong iniwan ka niya, hindi ka pa ba nagsasawa?" 

She felt Kim's sincere concern for her. Ever since Bea left, she changed. Not in a bad way. Sad way, maybe. She refused going on dates or meeting other people that her friends were trying to set up with. She lessened her time in parties drastically. She still hung out with her friends but she wasn't as lively as she used to be. She would rather spend her time alone, away from the world's noise. Alone with her sweet and beautiful memories with Bea.

It wasn't healthy, she knew. She wasn't moving on. But how could she? What she and Bea had, it wasn't something you move on from. It was something she thought would never end.

"Ye?"  Kim called her attention.

She looked at Kim with a small smile that she knew never reached her eyes.

"Mahal ko siya, Kim. Mahal ko pa rin siya. Kahit masakit. Kahit malungkot. Pero hindi ko siya makalimutan."

Kim sighed.

"Hindi mo naman siya kailangang kalimutan, eh. Kailangan mo lang tanggaping na tapos na kayo, Ye. Mukha namang masaya na siya sa buhay niya sa U.S., dapat maging masaya ka na rin."

U.S. Bea left her for a life in the U.S. Her heart clenched at the painful memories.

"Love, Dad wants me to go to U.S. to study more," Bea said while nuzzling her neck. 

They were sitting side by side on the bed, preparing to watch a movie.

"They want me to study and help manage the expansion of our business while I'm there."

I gulped. "Gaano ka katagal mawawala?"

She tried to keep the sadness and pain on her voice.

Bea moved back and cupped her face.

"I don't want to leave. Gusto ko dito lang ako, with you," Bea said sincerely.

Her heart skipped a beat. 

She knew Bea was telling the truth. Bea wanted to be with her just as much as she wanted to be with Bea. 

It was kind of unfair how Bea's last season in UAAP has only ended just a few months ago and now Bea has to leave. It's only been a few months since they came out to the public. They haven't fully maximized their freedom yet. But she knew Bea has to do this for her family. She wouldn't be that girl who would stop Bea from reaching higher goals.

"Love," she whispered while putting her hands over Bea's. "It's okay. We can make a long distance relationship work. Tayo pa. I trust what we have."

Bea was about to protest so she took Bea's hands off her face and leaned, capturing Bea's tasty lips with hers. 

They could have that long discussion some other time. For now, she wanted to be with Bea.