Another Chance-Book III, Chapter 21, Return to The Largo

Start from the beginning

Prince, Carlos and the girls sat down in the kitchen and had another cup of coffee as Prince told them about the meetings with BET and MTV on Thursday and Friday. Both would be held at 11:00 AM in Christian's offices at Arista. Bella and Elaine were invited to attend the meetings per Christian. The guys at both networks expressed an interest in meeting them. They would be business casual meetings but should not drag on for long. Of great importance, they should know by Friday the date that the concert would be rescheduled on. They would need to get in some rehearsal time before then so he would let them know what Christian worked out. They were all pleased with the news and then went to their rooms to dress for the day. Prince sought out Frank and told him the news on the meetings and the concerts so that he could inform his team. Prince then joined Bella in the shower. They washed each other taking their time and enjoying one another. Getting out they dried each other and slathered lotion on one another. It was warm out today so Bella put on a lavender, purple and ivory sundress and some purple sandals. Prince out on some ivory linen walking shorts and a lavender linen shirt. They decided to drive to the beach and take a walk on it and maybe even have dinner at the seafood restaurant they had gone to with Andy. Prince shared the plan with Carlos and Elaine and they thought that was a wonderful idea. Frank said that they should take two body guards with them. So Melvin and Larry accompanied them to the beach. They all took off their shoes and walked in the sand and sat in some chairs under beach owned umbrellas. Bella had made some of her wonderful lemonade and brought along some plastic cups. They whiled away the afternoon and relaxed and enjoyed the wonder of the beauty of Southern California and its beaches . At about 4:30 they climbed the steps up to the Redondo Beach boardwalk and walked down to the Seafood Restaurant at the very end. They were given a table with a large window that was open so that they could enjoy the sea air. The food was wonderful, the company equally so and the setting absolutely divine. They took their time enjoying each of the three courses and with their tummies full made their way back to the car and arrived back home. It was almost 8:30 when they got home. Frank introduced them to Ross Hudson,  the new guard. He was about Phil's size and very handsome. He was from San Diego but had been in Chicago for about 5 years since leaving the Seals. His wife was from there and he loved her so since that is where she wanted to be, he now lived there too with their 3 kids. Prince gave Frank and Ross the meals they brought them, sat with them and chatted while they ate, cleaned up the kitchen and then went into the living room and turned on the Cloud Stream. Carlos, the girls and the bodyguards joined him.

News at 10:00 was just coming on. In a hearing today, George Spikes AKA Pound of Flesh, the Largo at the Coronet assailant who was captured at the scene, was held over for trial on attempted murder charges. His court appointed attorney said that a vigorous defense would be mounted in his behalf. Frank Andrews, an owner of Andrews Security of Detroit, Chicago and Toledo was not held or charged in the death of Daddy Mack also known as Alphonse Mitchell since at the time of his death, Mack was attempting to kidnap one of his clients whose name, since she was a minor, was not being released. Both Spikes and Mitchell are known members of the notorious Crips of South Central Los Angeles gang. Finally Jimmy Sanders former Vice President of A and R for Sony Records and currently on leave from Arista, has been judged incapable of assisting in his own defense and therefore has been ruled incompetent to stand trial. He would be moved to Patton Mental Hospital, a secured facility and was sentenced to 25 years to life dependent on a change in diagnosis. Police continue to search for Gerald Spikes, AKA The Reaper, who was present at the theater with his brother but disappeared during or after the incident. The incident had occurred at a Royal and the World Changers concert, although the motives for the incidents were not yet known. News at 10:00 will be following up on this story and will keep you informed of all new developments.