🎄[twenty-three]🎄

Start from the beginning

i quickly washed the dishes, fixed the living room, then helped my mum fix her garden a little.

my mum loves taking care of plants like herbs and a few flowers. i rarely check her garden out, so all i know was that she has a lot of rosemary and lavender in her garden.

suddenly, i heard a car engine stop coming from the door. i ran inside the house then planned to open the door to check it out if it was them.

as i was about to open the door, the doorbell rang. “i'm so sure it's them.” i thought, i was feeling a little hyped up.

“oh, hello y/n!” mrs. skinner greeted after i opened the door. i saw robin standing near her. as he noticed me open the door for them, he gave a little smile– making me smile as well.

“good afternoon, mrs. skinner, mr. skinner, and robin!” i greeted back. “please, come inside. it's a bit chilly outside today.” i moved out of the way, trying to let them inside our house.

“thank you, y/n.” mrs. skinner said as she got inside. as robin and his dad went inside our house, i noticed robin was carrying a small, dark coloured cat. it turned out to be fig.

“oh my gosh, you brought him?” i gasped in excitement. robin handed over fig to me, letting me carry the small cat.

“i didn't want to leave him home alone, and i know how much you love fig.” he chuckled. “so, here he is.”

“oh, hello. please come in!” mum said in a welcoming manner. “you're very welcome to be here, feel at home.”

the skinner's sat down on the sofa as my mum rushed to the kitchen to give them tea.

i saw my brother and little brother walk in the room. his hair was pushed back, looking good with his christmas sweater.

“hi mum, hi dad.” my brother greeted to mum and dad as he sat down near the sofa. “oh, hello.” he said as he noticed mr. and mrs. skinner on the sofa.

“y/n, a little help here?” mum called. i gave fig to robin then ran to the kitchen to help mum prepare the tea and a few biscuits for them.

i placed a few cups on the table then poured tea on them. i went to the living room then put the cups filled with tea on the coffee table.

“tea?” i offered mrs. skinner one of the cups filled with tea, which she accepted. i also gave the other one to mr. skinner.

“by the way, they're already sweetened by this plant called stevia. it's a plant that's naturally sweet and it's really good for the health.” mum explained to robin's parents.

as my mum started chatting with mr. and mrs. skinner, i handed robin the last remaining cup from the coffee table. “tea?” i asked him.

“thanks,” robin took the cup then sipped on the tea a little.

“mum made the tea, by the way.” i added. “she harvested it from the garden.”

“she gardens too?” robin asked as he sipped his tea.

“yes,” i replied. “she likes to plant herbs and stuff.”

“that's nice,” robin said as he was petting fig on his lap. “my mum likes gardening too.”

“didn't expect my mum and your mum would have something in common...” i laughed a little.