[sixty-eight]

[impostor syndrome - sidney gish]

"attention passengers, we've now reached our destination. we hope you enjoyed the flight, now have a nice day!"

everyone in the plane took their stuff on their compartments then formed a crowded line.

i waited everyone from the back to move forward so i could walk out of the plane without squeezing myself into people since i felt like i was about to throw up at any second and i don't want to risk myself unexpectedly puking on someone's coat.

as all of us got out, the humid californian breeze hit my face while going down the stairs and got inside the airport to get my luggages in the conveyor belt.

mum told me that my aunt will be helping me walk around the place when i land so hopefully, they're either coming now or are already here somewhere.

after getting all my bags, i finally placed them on a cart and looked around if any of my relatives were somewhere here. but so far, i don't recognise anybody here.

"y/n!" i hear someone yell. turning around, i see my aunt and her family approaching me and giving me a tight hug. "oh my, you look so much like your mother."

i chuckled at her comment as both of us pulled away. "it's nice to finally meet you, aunt shelby."

a girl who looked like she was also around my age, greeted me with a hug and smiled. "hey, i'm nora. i assume that your mum has already mentioned me before."

"yes of course, mum told me that you sell and create your own artworks." i say, gently pushing my cart as we walked towards the exit. "have you guys just arrived too?"

"actually not really, we waited for like almost two hours. she likes to be early." nora gestures at her mother, making me laugh. "anyways, have you eaten anything yet?"

i shook my head in response. "no i haven't. kind of feel sick, to be honest."

"of course you would feel sick, you have an empty stomach." aunt sighs as we got out of the airport. "not to worry. after this, your uncle and i will be taking you to a mall nearby so you can have some breakfast. nora will also be buying art materials as well since she needs it for a new piece."

"we can also tour you around the place if you'd like, or you can rest in the house for a while so you could prepare for the campus tour tomorrow." she recommends.

"nora, of course she's going to rest in the house. she just arrived!" shelby rolls her eyes as we got to their car, seeing uncle wait outside.

"welcome to california, y/n." nora said, causing me to crack a smile. i helped her carry two of my bags inside the trunk then place the cart somewhere safe.

"it's pretty hot in here, didn't expect that." i laughed.

"oh yeah, that's why you'll pretty much have to use lots of sunscreen whenever you take a stroll here." she closes the trunk. "but don't worry, i'm sure you'll be fine here. there's a lot of tourist spots here, and there's a high chance that your career would boom here too."

"i hope so," i fidget my hands then got inside of the car with nora. when we got out of the parking area, we met lots and lots of vehicles slowly moving forwards. but fortunately, the traffic didn't last too long.

i looked out the window and see the wonderful sights i used to see online flash right on my face. the palm trees, the sunny blue sky, and the sandy beaches. it was fascinating.

 it was fascinating