[thirty-six]

(warning: will be containing really really strong curse words)
[fuck you - lily allen]

the next day, i went downstairs then saw my mum and dad cooking dinner. i walked towards the kitchen then decided to help them out.

"let me help you with that, mum." i tried to reach the cabinet then took the breadcrumbs.

"thanks, y/n." mum said. as both of them started preparing, i wanted to ask something.

"hey mum, you listen to a lot of songs, right?" i asked her.

"well yes," my mum replied. "why did you ask?"

"it's about your school performance, am i correct?" dad asked.

"well, yeah..." i made a nervous laugh as i looked down. "do you know any songs that- i can sing for the variety show?"

"but y/n, you listen to a lot of songs too. i'm pretty sure you'll know what to sing." mum replied.

"i mean, yes, i do know a lot of songs but i still don't know what to sing." i said as i sat down on a chair. "i just need your help."

"hmm... let me think..." mum tried thinking of a song. "maybe abba? madonna? bee gees?"

"i'd say any song from queen or the beatles." dad suggested. "or does it have to be like the newer songs?"

"oh, no. the old ones are better." i replied. "i'll try to find a song from your suggestions, love you both."

»»»

a week later, i decided to play around with the piano since i haven't played it for a while.

i took out one of my mum's old songbooks that she'd been collecting since years ago then found this song called love of my life by queen.

since i was familiar with the song, i decided to play it. as i started reading the notes, i pressed the keys of the piano then sang along.

"love of my life, you've hurt me. you've broken my heart and now you leave me. love of my life, can't you see? bring it back, bring it back. don't take it away from me because you don't know what it means to me."

as i continued singing and playing the piano, i was slowly drifting away from the music.

"love of my life, don't leave me. you've stolen my love, you now desert me. love of my life, can't you see? bring it back, bring it back. don't take it away from me because you don't know what it means to me." as i sang, my phone suddenly rang. i took my phone then accepted the call.

"hey y/n, you busy?" robin asked from the phone.

"not really," i replied as i stood up from my seat. "what's up?"

"the ceiling." robin joked, making me chuckle. "no, i wanted to ask a favour."

"favour?"

"can you come over?" he asked.

"that's it? is that your favour?" i questioned.

"no, just - please? it's kind of an emergency." robin responded.

"i'm on my way." as i ended the call, i wore my shoes then ran outside. i felt worried when robin said 'emergency'.

"y/n, where are you going?" mum asked as she was fixing the garden.