[nineteen]

[boys will be bugs - cavetown]
(robin's point of view)

i was at my laptop scrolling through some stuff on the internet with fig on my side, the weather was getting a little colder since the christmas season is coming up.

it was 4:35 almost evening, i took my guitar and played with it since i was bored. shifting chords from e's to a's, to f#'s and d's. (fun fact: in music, "#" is called a sharp, not a hashtag.)

while i was randomly playing the guitar, a moth flew through the window near my desk. fig noticed the moth flying near my laptop, he suddenly chased it and tried to attack it.

"what the heck fig, don't do that!" i took fig away from the poor moth then scooped it from my hands. its left wing was badly damaged- but gladly, it's still alive.

i slowly placed the moth near the window. the moth tried to move its wings to fly. a few minutes later, it successfully started flying.

"poor guy," i thought. i opened the window then tried helping the moth to fly out the window carefully and safely.

"stay safe, little guy." i said as the moth flew happily to the blue sky. suddenly, an idea popped in to my head. i took my notebook and pencil from the desk, then flipped the pages to get a clear page.

i randomly tried fiddling my guitar with random chords. i tried playing the d chord, the a chord, f#, and then g.

"that sounds good.." i thought out loud. i wrote the chords on the notebook.

i started staring at the wristband that both y/n and i bought from the arcade. it was that bug wristband.

while staring at the fake spider, i suddenly had an idea for the lyrics and the theme of the song. after that, i started brainstorming more lyrics.

the writing process took me a few weeks to finish the song.

»»»

weeks after that, i finally had finish the lyrics, the chords, and the instrumental. all i had to do next was to record it. but, i wanted to visit someone first.

i went to y/n's house and knocked on the door.

"in a minute!" i heard a woman shout, probably y/n's mum. the door was opened by mrs. l/n.

"good afternoon, mrs. l/n." i greeted.

"oh, robin. what brings you here?" mrs. l/n asked.

"uh.. i just wanted to visit y/n. is that okay?" i asked her.

"sure, come on in." she invited, y/n's mum and i went inside the house. "i apologise that our house is a little messy. we're kind of fixing our stuff for christmas."

"it's okay." i responded. mrs. l/n went to her laptop then started typing really fast.

"y/n, you have a visitor!" she called, but no one answered. "y/n!"

"uhm.. is it okay if i can just go to her room?" i asked.

"yeah, sure." she replied. "her room's upstairs, second door on the right."

"okay. thanks, mrs. l/n." i climbed upstairs and saw a boy holding a phone.

"you're robin, right?" the boy asked.

"uh.. yeah?" i replied.

"i'm y/n's younger brother, by the way." we shook hands. "y/n's in her room."