Layeth the Smackdown

As the Rock knocked Shane down the ramp with a vile right hand, "The Boy Wonder," trying his best to put some distance between he and the Great One, held both of his hands in the air, begging for leniency, but the Rock, mad with rage, after Shane cost him the WWF title at Backlash, and then orchestrated the Corporation's hit against him just twenty-four hours prior on Raw, was in very foul mood.

Cole and Cornette, still sick to their stomachs about the assault on Vince by the Ministry, were trying to both call this Street Fight to the best of their abilities, while simultaneously trying to keep the fans updated on Vince's condition.

Judging by the amount of damage that the Ministry had done to Vince tonight, there was possibly no telling when the former owner of the company could possibly return, and that spelled even more trouble for everyone in the World Wrestling Federation.

Shane, a few feet from the ring, attempting to crawl away, was grabbed by the Rock, and was planted face first into the steel ring steps!

Shane, knocked motionless on the ground, was then picked up and thrown into the steal ring post!

The fans, chanting the Rock's name, happy to see that someone was finally sticking it to Shane, relentlessly cheered on as the People's Champ, as he delivered a stiff kick to his foe's abdomen, with Shane letting out a loud and audible groan in response.

The Rock, the 26-year old Brahma Bull, then picked Shane up as if he weighed nothing, then dropped him chest first into the guard-rail, as Shane held his chest on the mat below in agonizing pain, as the Rock put the boots to Shane back and head.

The referee, attempting to get both men in the ring in order for the match to officially begin, screamed at the Rock to take the match inside, but the Rock threatened to hit the ref, as well, who frantically scattered away from the People's Champ, not wanting to sample a taste of what Shane was being served at the moment.

The Rock then picked Shane up from outside and tossed him inside the ring, with the match officially under way now.

The Rock, who kept stomping away at Shane, allowed him to get a brief reprieve. Shane, once again, on his hands and knees, begged for mercy, but the Rock, looking around at the crowd, had other things in mind.

Shane, the opportunist that he was, taking advantage of the situation, used a forearm to nail the Rock right in the People's Jewels!

Shane, buying himself some time, as the Rock fell to his knees in pain, then pulled himself up by the referee's shirt, before pounding away at the Rock, giving the Great One four clean shots to the face as retribution for assaulting him earlier in the match.

Pulling the Rock back up to his feet, in a move to clearly mock him, Shane took his hand out all the way in the air, before bringing it back down forcefully on the Rock's face, knocking him back down to the mat, similar to what the Great One would have done!

Going outside quickly, Shane walked over to the timekeeper's table, forcing him to give up his steel chair, as the crowd, sensing what he was about to do with, gave a mix of cheers and jeers for Shane O'Mac.

Re-entering the ring, Shane, folding up the chair, wanting to ram in the Rock's head with the device, ran at the People's Champion with speed, who was attempting to pull himself up at the turnbuckle, but the Rock got his foot up just at the right moment.

Dazed, the Rock then picked up the discarded chair on the mat, while Shane attempted to regain his footing, and clobbered him with it, right in the middle of Shane's spine, not once, not twice, but three different times, bending the chair in half from the impact of steel meeting flesh!