Taker's Night of Terror

As the Ministry all proudly returned to their locker room, Mark dragged Stephanie behind him through the hallway. While the Ministry had successfully attacked Austin and rendered him unconscious before tonight's huge main event, Mark was absolutely fuming!

Instead of returning to his dressing room, Mark pulled Stephanie down the hall and into a large office, something of which would normally be reserved for Vince. The room, which was outfitted with several comfortable couches, a cheese and fruit platter, bottled water, and even champagne on ice, was very nice indeed. But at the moment, Mark wasn't in the mood for romance.

Jerking her harshly inside, Mark shoved Stephanie onto one the seats forcefully, while her big blue eyes danced back up at him. She was scared to death! Obviously he was very angry, but Stephanie didn't know why! She had done everything that he asked her to!

Staring back at him with a look of fright and terror, Stephanie jumped in place when Mark stuck his finger in her face and declared darkly, "You've got some fucking nerve, woman." As if someone was playing a cruel practical joke on her, Stephanie gazed around the room frantically.

She just couldn't believe that Mark was actually mad at her!

"But Mark... baby. I haven't... I haven't don..." But before she could finish her sentence, Mark began pinning her down into her seat, causing her to hyperventilate.

He was incensed!

"You mind explaining to me why you were looking at Austin like you wanted him just now? And Stephanie, I want the truth."

Scrambling for the correct words to say, Stephanie stammered frantically. She realized that Mark wasn't in his right frame of mind. But she also realized that if she answered incorrectly, the things that he would to do her would be harsh and severe. She had to tread carefully, no matter what.

"Baby... I just didn't know what was going on!" She attempted to rationalize. "I've never... I've never had anything against Austin. I was just... shocked! I didn't mean anything by it. Please, I'm being honest..."

"So, you care about Austin? Is that it?" Mark chastised once again. Confused as to why he was interrogating her like this, Stephanie continued to answer honestly. Maybe she could talk some sense into him and get him to calm down. She hadn't done anything!

"Baby, I promise, I just didn't know what was happening. I was afraid. I didn't mean to..."

Pulling himself away from her, while swatting his long, black hair from his face, Mark looked back down at Steph with a look of derangement in his eyes and stated definitively, "You are not to leave this room. You are not even allowed to move your ass off of this sofa. Because if you do..."

Trailing off to yank his black glove back up his wrist, Mark ended forebodingly, "You will regret it."

And with that, Stephanie watched tearfully as Mark stormed out of the office. In only a few moments, Mark had managed to completely obliterate her self worth! Placing her hands over her face, Stephanie began to bawl hysterically.

Her husband was angry and she didn't know why!

-

As a replay of tonight's opening segment played out once again, Jim Ross, who had replaced Michael Cole on commentary, began recapping the Undertaker's attack against Stone Cold Steve Austin.

J.R. informed everyone at home that even with the help of several WWF officials, that the Rattlesnake refused medical assistance! He instead chose to walk back to the locker room on his own power.

"Right," Lawler seconded frantically. "Austin was out on his feet, struggling to even walk, but the good thing is J.R., we saw that black limousine pulling into the arena. And after everything that's already gone wrong tonight, that's just gotta be Vince! Vince, the Undertaker still has Stephanie!"