X-Pac Speaks Up

After a very eventful Sunday Night Heat, Mark showered and returned to Stephanie. Afterward, the pair quietly drove back to their hotel room. While Mark was mostly concentrated on the road, he offered small glances at Stephanie here and there, who was absolutely beaming.

Everything had worked out perfectly for them tonight and it was all thanks to her. The feeling of accomplishment was better than anything that she could have ever imagined.

"Had X-Pac never disrespected me, none of this would have ever happened," she rationalized to herself.

When the two of them arrived at the hotel, there were dozens of fans waiting outside, though Stephanie really didn't pay much attention to them. She was getting quite used to their little routine now. Plus, she was still happily enthralled with the wonderful memory of seeing so many of her husband's adversaries all falling like dominoes tonight.

She felt on top of the world.

After resting for a short bit, Mark and Stephanie decided to go out and get something to eat. A few months ago, Stephanie overheard one of the Divas discussing this wonderful little Caribbean restaurant on the other side of town called the Bahamian Groove, which sounded divine.

And since Mark was definitely in the mood for something a bit different, the two drove the short distance across Jacksonville to the eatery. Parking the car and getting out, Mark placed his chameleon-like sunglasses over his eyes, while he and Stephanie walked hand-in-hand into the restaurant together.

The Bahamian Groove was a renovated, 19th-century Floridian-style home. It had a lovely wraparound porch, which had plenty of tables located throughout. The outside also afforded guests a stunning view of the Jacksonville skyline, as well. The low lighting only added to the restaurant's ambiance, and all of the wonderful aromas of awaiting food made Stephanie's stomach tumble with anticipation.

Just then, a woman with natural hair and a lovely Jamaican accent, welcomed them.

"Wah gwaan! Welcome to The Bahamian Groove. I'm Martina. Pleasure to have you both tonight. Can I get you two a table?"

Smiling back at her, Stephanie said, "Yes, for two, please. And if it's no bother, is there any way we could be seated on the patio? It's so beautiful out tonight."

Picking up two menus, Martina then replied, "You're just in time, mi lady. We have only one table left on the patio tonight. Busy night for Bahamian Groove. Follow me." As she began walking them to their table, Martina turned back to the couple and said, "My, my. You are a pretty gal. Very lucky, man."

Never one to truly take a compliment, Mark simply nodded in return, as Stephanie nudged him playfully. The two of them were then seated at a table that overlooked the pristine shores of Jacksonville, as the nighttime stars twinkled brightly overhead.

It was beautiful out tonight.

As Martina took their drink orders, Stephanie looked over the expansive menu. There had to be at least sixty different beverage options alone. But after her last "incident" in California, Stephanie was just going to order herself a glass of water, but Mark insisted that she try something.

While he settled for a Carib Beer, Stephanie decided to try a Tequila Sunrise, with Mark saying to her, "That's the name of Konnan's finisher in WCW."

Stephanie hated hearing anything about the competition, especially after they intentionally tried to put her family out of business. She responded with a curt, "Fascinating," which caused Mark to almost crack a smile.

After receiving their drinks and ordering their food, Mark looked over to Stephanie and said, "You're a little devil. You know that, right?" Sipping her drink, which was actually pretty good, Stephanie asked nonchalantly, "Me?"