The Wrath of Saphirra

As Smackdown returned from commercial break, Michael Cole welcomed back the audience at home, as an electric billboard outside the arena displayed the caption "Sold out!" and rightfully so.

The network return of WWF programming had started off with an absolute bang!

"We are live from the sold out New Haven Coliseum, in New Haven, Connecticut, and Jim, what a night it's already been.

First, Mr. McMahon making the stunning announcement that the Undertaker is the new principal owner of the WWF, and then Undertaker, really went into high gear making some incredible matches for us here tonight, Jim."

"Yeah, and other than the fact that Undertaker, holding his new bride, Stephanie McMahon, basically hostage, hightailed it out of here after basically an all out brawl ensued, but the Phenom also made a match, Austin and Shamrock in tag team action, against any two members of the Ministry, with both the Corporation and the Ministry both to serve as lumberjacks!

But our new boss basically also booked Shane McMahon in a street fight against the Rock!

Two high caliber matches, right here on the network return of the WWF tonight!"

Up on the Titantron, fans in the arena began were treated to a shot of the Great One, the Rock, with his travel bag slung over his shoulder, entering the arena, being met by announcer, Kevin Kelly, who wanted to get the Rock's thoughts on the big announcements that had just previously been made.

Running up besides him, attempting to catch up, Kevin asked loudly, "Rocky, Rock, excuse me. I just want to see if I could get your response to the news that Vince McMahon no longer owns this company, but in fact, the Undertaker does."

The Rock, who seemed to be sporting an expensive pair of sunglasses over his face, turned and looked down on Kelly Kelly, asking almost sardonically, "Is that right?"

Kevin, only nodding twice with caution, looked on timidly, as the Rock went on to say, "Well you see Kevin Kelly, to put it quite simply, it really doesn't matter who owns the WWF.

It could be Vince McMahon, it can be the Undertaker, it can be the Undertaker's seven foot tall bearded great grand-mammy. It really doesn't matter to the Rock.

All that matters is that tonight, the Rock gets his hands on that 200-pound, steaming, stinking piece of monkey crap, Shane McMahon!"

Then, as the Rock attempted to walk away, Kevin, pressing his luck once more, went on to ask, "Well, sir, speaking of Shane McMahon, do you care to know that in his first act of authority tonight, the Undertaker has scheduled you in a street fight with Shane McMahon?"

The fans in the arena, suddenly chanting the Rock's name, as the Great One began to savor in their cheers, asked Kevin Kelly assertively, "Do you think this little street fight that Undertaker has put the Great One in, with his little Mickey Mouse tattoos, scares the Rock?"

"Well, sir, I..."

"It doesn't matter what you think! You see Kevin Kelly, the fact of the matter is this, Street Fight, Cage match, Slap Shane Right on His Corporate Ass Straight from Birth Match, it just doesn't matter. Because you see, the Rock has not forgotten about how Shane cost the Rock the WWF title at Backlash. The Rock has not forgotten how Shane and his jabroni friends jumped the Rock on Monday night, not once, but twice. But see tonight, the Rock guaran-damn-tees you this: Shane McMahon won't walk out... of Smackdown!"

And with that, the Rock stomped off angrily, leaving Kevin Kelly to simply stare back at the People's Champion blankly.

***