Book III-Chapter 16, Storm Clouds Gather

Start from the beginning

Prince called a take 10 and then said they would run through each of the songs for the videos next. They would start with If I Love You. Prince walked over to Bella and embraced her and said, "the choreography is beautiful baby. Thank you"! He hugged Elaine too, because he knew she had helped. The break was over and they began rehearsal in earnest. The first three songs went like clockwork. Prince had a few comments for the band; the dance though was perfect. The costumers came back with Bella's costume and Prince asked her to keep it on and rehearse in it so he could assess the final product. She did as she was asked and when the opening bars of the music began, she began to move. Prince watched while they played. He was so moved at her interpretation of the song that his eyes filled with tears. Hers did as well as she danced. This song told of the time they were separated when he left heaven and how he clung to her memory throughout this new incarnation and used it to spur him forward in school, then college and then with his music toward success. It was a very important part of their story and to see it come to life touched both of their souls deeply. When the piece was finished the entire band, Elaine, Carlos and the costumers applauded. This song would be a true weapon of success in the making of this Album. Prince was so proud of Bella. And Bella...was blown away at the talent of her man.

Unnoticed by Prince but observed by the bodyguards, Christian had stepped into the rehearsal and watched and listened to Bella's Eyes. What an amazing piece of music and the choreography...Wow! You could feel Prince's love for this woman in both the music and the lyrics and you could see Bella's love for him in her movements. This was a truly blessed couple. He knew he was experiencing something special. It was more than a hit. It would be a phenomenon! Christian walked up to Prince and asked if he could speak to him for a moment. He complimented him on Bella's Eyes addressing how beautiful it was and how Bella was amazing, and then said, he wanted to let him know that his father, Christian Sr., had put Jimmy on a forced leave with pay pending an investigation. Some disturbing information had come to light and if true, it violated both the mission statement of the company and the law. Prince knew underneath the PC language, they were dotting their i's and crossing their t's to ensure that the termination would stand up in court if necessary. Jimmy would be angry, really angry and Prince felt he would make a move soon. Prince thanked Christian for the heads up, Christian apologized for Jimmy's behavior and said, let him know if he could help in any way. Prince asked that he pray for the girls and the band. Christian shook his hand and promised to do so. Prince went to the control room and told Frank and Larry he needed to speak with all of the security guards. Frank called Phil from the front hall and Melvin from the back Prince told them what Christian had just shared with him. The good news was that he was barred from the building, the bad news was that he could come at them at anytime since he was on a forced leave and therefore free 24/7. Security thought it time to tell the band what was going on and they would have a protocol to share after they had checked out the two television stations for the first two shows. "Be observant and focused and do your thing", Frank said. "We will take care of the rest". Prince dismissed the band and said he would see them tomorrow at the same time.

Storm Clouds Gather

Jimmy's POV

Jimmy could not believe it when Christian Sr. had said that he was putting him on a leave with pay to conduct an investigation as some disturbing things had come to light. When asked what, the old man had refused to say. He told Jimmy that security would walk him to his office and out of the building as was their procedure. He said he would be notified of the outcome once the investigation was complete. He asked him for his keys and recommended strongly that he not have any contact with Royal or Carlos, any of the band members or dancers or any other Arista Acts. With that a security team of two walked him to his office and waited while he collected his personal things...his vial from the drawer was still in his pocket from earlier today. They then walked him to his car and once he was out of the garage they called Christian Sr. to let him know. Jimmy was furious. He wanted to hit something. He needed to hurt someone, He needed to hurt Royal's bitch Bella. But for now he would find someone else to hurt. He drove down the Gentlemen's Club strip, picked one where he was not known and after two good snorts went inside and ordered some Hennessy. He watched the girls working the pole, picked out a young one with dark hair and big tits and when the dance ended told the bartender he wanted a date with her. She was too young for dates the bartender said, but the blond haired girl next to her was available. No he wanted the dark haired girl. He flashed $500.00 in $100.00 bills. The bartender pocketed the money and walked to the back. He came back with the girl whose name was Rhonda. They talked he asked her if she liked Coke...she said yes and he asked if they could go somewhere private. She took him to one of the lap dance suites in the back. He gave her some Coke...two snorts per nostril and he did the same. She was not a regular user and started to feel the effects right away. He had her drink a shot of Hennessy and then started to kiss her. Then he started to feel on her breasts. He tore her clothes off of her top and started to suck on her breasts and then she cried out at the violence of the act. He slapped her hard and said he would hurt her bad if she made any more noise. He pushed her down and pulled off her thong. She begged him not to do anything else. He told her to shut up and pulled out his huge dong. He rammed it into her and realized he had hit the jackpot. She was a virgin. He stopped long enough to ask her what she was doing here....earning money for school was her answer through her tears. He continued to ram her until he came. When he finished, he got up, wadded up $500.00 in cash and threw it on the floor and pulling up his pants left the premises. He felt a little better now...he just needed some more Coke. He got into his car and went home.