Liam

After the group hug, we all got back into Betty and drove around until someone came eventually came up with an idea as to where Alex could be and of course it would be Chubs who came up with the idea. "The first time she escaped from the camps, she told me she ran straight into the woods, so maybe we should turn around drive that way until we find an opening in the woods and hope for the best," Chubs said explaining his idea, it wasn't half bad of you asked me. "Okay, lets do it," I said, turning the van back around in the direction that we came from.

We drove for about 3 miles before we came to an opening in the woods, we drove through the woods until we found a hidden place, where no one from the main road could see us, and we parked there. We all got out of the van and waited. While we waited, Zu made us a little picnic, it consisted of a couple Twinkies and bottled water, which were God knows how old. "I'm starting to think this was a bad idea Chubs," I said suddenly growing very concerned about how much time we were wasting, time we could be spending searching for Alex. "Li, a green is never wrong, therefore I am never wrong," he replied, causing Zu to let out a small, soft giggle. "I know, Chubs, I know but what if she's nowhere near the woods and we're standing here for nothing," I replied, he wasn't wrong greens are never wrong but I couldn't help but have a bad feeling about what we were currently doing or not doing. "Well Liam, you are the only one standing, so why don't you take a seat over here and you won't be standing there waiting," Chubs said, in his humorous tune that he used whenever he was being funny or trying to be, which was the case most of the time. "Very funny Chubs, very funny," I said in my sarcastic tone which I mainly used when Chubs was trying, and failing miserably, at being funny.

I took a seat next to Zu, who was devouring a Twinkie. It was silent for about 2 minutes when we heard gun shots. "Stay here," I said as I got up and starting running towards the dreadful sound of bullets being shot at someone.  I was running for, well I didn't know how long I had been running for, when the gun shots stopped ringing through the air but I didn't stop running towards where the God awful sounds had been coming from. I turned a sharp corner and that's when my heart skipped a beat. Standing a couple feet in front of me was a man, I recognised him, it was Mark, Alex's father and he had something in his arms, no not something, someone. Alex, she was unconscious but it didn't look like she was hurt, just knocked out maybe but why is he here in the middle of the woods, nearly at sunset with her in his arms. None of this made any sense, what did he want, I thought he was working with Clancy not Lady Jane or maybe he rescued her from Lady Jane to bring to Clancy, some rescue.  

The Darkest Minds: Liam StewartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara