44

August 29, 1996

"Happy Birthday, my twin," Michael yelled as he squeezed Damita. Damita was half awake. "Thanks, Daddy," she yawned. Rose stood behind them, "Happy Birthday, baby girl." Michael stood back clasped his hands, "Are you ready for your first present?" Not really paying attention, Damita nodded as she rubbed her eyes. Rose took a deep breath, "Baby, I'm pregnant." "Oh, that's nice," Damita smiled, then her smile dropped, "Wait, what?" Rose unbuttoned the shirt and revealed her 3-month-old belly. Damita jerked out of bed to touched it. She hasn't felt her mother's stomach since her second miscarriage. "There's an actual baby," Damita whispered. Michael smiled at his wife, who was distracted by Damita's reaction. He didn't care. His family was back together and was very happy about it. The doorbell rang and the women looked up at Michael. He shrugged and left the room to get the door. Once he opened it, kazoos noises came out of nowhere, as well as confetti. "Happy birthday to my best friend!"A familiar voice yelled. Anthony. Michael rolled his eyes and smiled at his best friend. "You didn't have to do this, Ant, "Michael said, nonchalantly. "Well I did, Mike. You were my first best friend, brother, and my first father figure- oh gosh, I'm sorry, " Anthony wiped his eyes. He had begun to cry. "Oh, Anthony. I didn't know you appreciated me that much," Michael hugged him. "Well, now you know," Anthony smiled, "Where's my baby sister?" "In her room, she just found out about Rose's pregnancy," Michael explained. Anthony followed him upstairs. "Sup, Rose," Anthony gave her a nod. "Nun' much," she smiled. Michael eyed the two. They had this "code" or a secret language which Anthony called 'Hood Talk'. Rose, living in New York for 4 years, caught on. "Hey, girlie," Anthony smiled at Damita, "Get ready we're going out. Your mama gotta give your daddy some of the good stuff." Anthony laughed out loud and Damita looked down. "Dude!" Michael slapped his arms. Rose, on the other hand, laughed like a maniac. Anthony wasn't lying. She and Michael had to catch up. A lot. "Damita get ready. And, Anthony, bring her home by 6. That's when we're having the party, "Rose pointed at Anthony, then turned to Michael," You and I have to talk." She pulled him out of the room and into the bedroom they shared. "What's up?" Michael asked. "I was never actually able to decide what to get you. You have the super soakers and all that mess. I guess I could give is some time with each other, " Rose cooed. "And how are we gonna spend time with each other?"Michael arched an eyebrow. "Let's go outside!"

Rose was exhausted. She didn't  know Michael had so much energy.