35

August 24, 1993

"'Is This the End?' Nah its B.S., "Anthony threw the newspaper on the floor. Rose shook her head," It's not true. He wouldn't touch anyone's kid." Michael was currently touring in Asia and Rose feared that he was suffering. She wanted to go visit him but she'd have to stay behind for her own rehearsals for her own tour. And in 5 days it'd be his daughter's 8th birthday. Michael had a show on that day so he wouldn't be there. Damita didn't want a party anyways. If her father wasn't going to be there, neither was she. Damita was also interested in why she couldn't watch her father's show on tv or even read the newspaper. The reason was clear. "Daddy, what are we gonna do about Uncle Michael? Is it true? Will we have to stop talking to him?"Jasmine, Anthony's 8 years old asked. "Aw, Jazzy, it's not true. The story is fake. Uncle Mike wouldn't do anything that bad-"
"But he has! Remember when he cheated on Auntie Rose, "Jasmine snapped. The room went silent. "Whitney, "Rose groaned. She loved her friend but she couldn't just tell the children this. As if on cue, Whitney rang the doorbell and Anthony went to open it for her. "'Sup, Whit," He smiled. "Hey, Boo, "Whitney gave Anthony a hug. Bobbi Kristina followed after her. "Hey, Rose. I saw the news," Whitney frowned as she hugged her friend, "Has Damita heard?" Before Rose could reply, someone else had said something. "Yes, I've heard and I never want to talk to that man again," Damita said sadly. She shuffled downstairs and hugged Anthony.

Since birth, Damita considered Anthony as her big brother instead of an uncle because he was always there for her and she knew he'd understand. "You don't believe the tabloids, do you?" Anthony stroked Damita's hair. "I don't know. I'm still mad at him anyway. First, he won't show up for our birthday and now he's hiding in Asia because of some allegations," Damita sniffed. Then she turned to her mother, "And I'm mad at you for not telling me." This cause Rose to burst into tears. She felt bad. She failed as a wife and a mother.

"Lisa, I don't what else to do," Michael cried, "She won't answer my calls. I think she believes the tabloids." There was silence until Michael spoke up.

"We should get married."