10

Anthony was upset. He was supposed to go home with his girl but no. Michael has to really overprotective. "I don't understand why you are acting like this. Your not my dad and you'll never be my dad," Anthony snapped. Michael rolls his eyes as he unlocked the door, "If so, where is your real dad, huh? If he were a dad, he'd be here every step of the way."
"You say that now, but tomorrow you'll start crying about Joe-" "You know what? J-just go upstairs. I'll talk with you later," Michael sighed. He didn't have time for this mess. Anthony walked past him and went down a hallway that would lead him to his room. Michael walked into the family room. Rose had scheduled a meeting with his father and mother. Janet had shown up. She wanted to talk about the miscarriage that she and Michael only knew about. Michael sat in between his sister and Rose. He held her hand, that was in a fist. It was sweaty, but he didn't mind. "So, what's going on? It's so tense!"Janet cried. Rose only glared at her. Knowing Rose was very violent with words, Michael spoke for her. Michael, "Dunk, she's about to explain. " Rose squeezed Michael's hand.

She didn't want to. However, she had to. She opened her mouth but then closed it. Michael sighed, "Should I tell them?" She nodded and stood up.

Anthony was in his room listening to '1999' by Prince. If he had to be honest, Prince proved that he could surpass Michael. But he could only be saying that cause he was angry. You couldn't blame him. Anthony closed his eyes. He didn't want to open them.

Knock knock

Yet, he chose to. "Come in," he yelled. Rose walked in. "Oh, hi," he said. She waved. 'Why is she so quiet?' Anthony thought. "I have something to tell you..."She said quietly. Anthony stood up to take out the '1999' vinyl. He soon lays back down, "What's up?" Rose took a deep breath in. "I-in March..." her voice cracked, "I...miscarried." Anthony felt like he stopped breathing. He left out a nervous laugh, "I'm sorry?" He was sure he misheard her. "Don't be," she said. Rose was serious. Anthony frowned, "Is there anything I can do?" She shook her head.

Michael was in the kitchen that night. Rose was upstairs crying herself to sleep. He hasn't seen Anthony all day. Even if he did, Anthony would forget about his existence and continue with his day. Michael, himself, felt like crying. Everything was going downhill.

Anthony wanted to marry her. She only seemed like the only way to escape. But he was only 16 going on 17 and he'd have to be 18 to marry her. Anthony really loved Aaliyah. But did she love him enough to run away with him? Probably not. Michael barged into the room like a ghost. Anthony didn't react. He just looked up. "Ya need sum'?"He asked in an East Coast tone. "Yea," Michael scoffed, "An apology." Before Anthony could snap back, Michael was searching his desk. "What do you think you are doing?"Anthony snapped. Michael just glared at him. He picked up a paper- full of lyrics. "'83 Bonnie & Clyde'," he read. Anthony mentally faced palmed himself. "What's this for?"Michael said in a deep voice. "A short film contest, "Anthony muttered, "I'm having trouble finding the people I want. And no, Aaliyah isn't playing one of the roles it. She co-wrote it."
Michael smiled, "Consider yourself lucky. Rose and I will gladly record this with you." And he left- with the lyrics.