30

The Next Day, 1991

"Hi, baby, how was school?"Rose asked as she hugged her 5 going on the 6-year-old daughter. "It was ok," Damita said. A camera flashed and she turned her attention to it. "No more pictures!" Damita stomped her foot. The paparazzo jumped and ran away. Rose picked her daughter up and laughed, "It's ok, baby." Rose helped Damita into the limo. Damita buckled her away belt and swung her legs.

Michael was nervously pacing in the guest home at Nederland Ranch. He set up a little hunt for Rose. He wanted her to forgive him for the past events. It's not much of a hunt. He just left rose petals and notes by certain places. He also left little gifts. Michael didn't care about all of that. He wanted his girl back.

"'I cherish New York, where we first met. The moment I clapped eyes on you, I knew you were going to be a delightful friend. Recently, I have begun to regard you as much more than just a delightful friend'...really, Michael?"Rose rolled her eyes as she picked up the gift box. She didn't open the box. Rose didn't have time for this. She just wanted to find the man and cuss him out. Rose was still mad about yesterday's events. "And he left rose petals all over the ranch. Cliché," she forced a smile on her face. Rose continued to follow the petals until she made it to the last one.
"'You're so special with your naughty ways. I know that to you I'm just a quiet lover but I think we could be happy together. Please, say you'll be mine, Rose! All my love, Michael.'" Rose smiled as she opened the door to the guest house. She went upstairs and into the master bedroom. The room was empty and quiet. Light only came from the bathroom. Rose smirked and opened the door to reveal Michael sitting in the bathroom. "Oh, hey," he smiled," Wanna join me?" Rose nodded and removed her clothing and joined him. "You're so cheesy, Michael, "Rose giggled. "I know you like it," Michael kissed her cheek. Rose nodded. "Queen Bee, I'm so sorry for the way I acted. I shouldn't have yelled at you. You were going through so much and I-" Rose put a finger to his lips, indicating for him to be quiet. "Baby, it's ok," she purred. Rose was on top of him now. She kissed his lips softly.

"You never fail to amaze me, Wifey," Michael said as he followed an after her. Rose threw the towel on to the bed and reached for her box. "Have you opened your present yet?" Michael asked. Rose shook her head. She opened the box," Michael...I-" She held up the red lingerie. "You like it?"He smiled. Rose nodded. It was a lace redone. A very simple one. "You know it'd match with your robe," Michael wrapped his arms around her. "It would," she said quietly.

"Round 2?"