40

Met Gala 1994

Rose's hands began to sweat as she held Michael's. They couldn't keep up this act forever. In a few weeks, he'd be married to another woman. Rose was staying in the guest house with Damita on Neverland Ranch. Damita refused to be in the same house with Lisa Marie Presley and her father.

Rose thoughts were interrupted by her ring falling off her finger. She bent down to grab it but Michael beat her to it. He got on one knee, as if he was proposing, and slipped the ring on her finger. Just like in 1982. But Rose waved it off and went inside. The two parted ways.

Rose found herself talking to Elizabeth Taylor, one of Michael's friends. She wasn't as close to the older woman, like Michael. Elizabeth was kind to her though. She heard about the whole Lisa Marie scandal and was trying to help Michael with his emotions. "Hello, Ms.Jones," Elizabeth smiled. Rose chose not to take Michael's last name, despite his protest. Rose Jackson didn't sound right. Normally, Elizabeth would call her Mrs. Michael Jackson and Rose didn't mind because everyone did call her that. "Hello," Rose shyly waved at her, "Has he been behaving?" And by he, she meant Michael. Why did she even care? He wants nothing to do with her. "He's been ok. Lisa's been coming over," Elizabeth patted her back. Rose only nodded. She wished him the best. He was happy.

Michael was alone admiring the art pieces. He looked over his shoulder to see Rose enjoying herself. He was happy for her. She looked like a bird. She was free. "Enjoying the view?" Michael turned around to see Aaliyah. "You aren't here to beat me up, right? Rose's family have been to my house plenty of times to yell at me," Michael frowned. Aaliyah shook her head, "You haven't seen Scarlet have you?" Michael tapped his chin, "Not yet. Why?"
"She's gonna beat you up?"
"That little girl? In your dreams Aaliyah."
Aaliyah shook her head once more, "Just be careful."