38

Rose woke up in Aaliyah's bed. Where could that woman possibly be? For all you know, she could have slept on the couch with Anthony. Rose began to feel bad. Her outburst was unnecessary. She didn't bother looking at herself in the mirror. She knew she was a wreck. She quietly came downstairs and only paused to hear a conversation between Aaliyah and Anthony.

"So, is he keeping Damita?"
"I don't know, Liyah, but I have a feeling that he will. That's his 'artwork'."
"That makes sense. I sent Jade over to his place."
"I get that you're mad but we aren't trying to kill the man. Jade will burn the house."
"Well, we'll see how it goes."

Damita quietly ate an egg sandwich as Michael came downstairs. He was a mess. Damita didn't dare look up. She wanted answers on her mother, who just disappeared but she didn't want them from him. Michael made himself some jam toast and sat by her. Damita tensed up a bit. Michael sighed. "Look, I know you're mad, but you can't keep up this act. You're gonna have to talk to me eventually," Michael said softly. "I don't want to talk to a cheater," Damita muttered as she got out of her seat. She lost her appetite. Michael waited for his daughter to slam her bedroom door before yelling out in anger, "Can't I do anything right?" He began to ugly cry until he heard someone banging on the front door. Micheal slowly made his way to the door as the visitor kept knocking. He opened the door to see his half-sister in law, Jade. Jade was 6 feet, so he had to look up at her. She made him feel week but today he wasn't going to allow that. Michael's 5'9" figure stomped his foot and looked up at her, "Yes?" Jade smirked down at him, "Mikey, what's good?"

Jade was a tough girl and that's what scared everyone around her. The girl was mixed with Vietnam, Italian and Ghanian blood. She wasn't very fond of her half-sister, Rose, but soon learned that not everything was her fault. Jade only wanted to protect her mother. She became a teen mom at 17 and her boyfriend, Roy, left her. Yet, she stayed strong. After what happened in 1986, Michael tried to stay out of her lane and succeeded until now.

"You know, you were always my favorite, Michael, " Jade poked his chest. Michael only gulped. "You're easy to play around with. You're like a doll. Too bad you weren't one of the innocent ones."