25

Rose raced back to Whitney's car, which she borrowed. She didn't bother putting her seatbelt on. She started the car. Michael rushed outside, "Rose, wait-" Rose only looked up and once again allowed hot tears run down her face. Rose wanted to throw up. She wanted to throw up all the memories with this man. She rolled down the windows. "Baby, give me one more chance," Michael begged. This was something he never did. It was rare for Michael to beg because he had everything. He was rich. The boy had everything he needed, whiles Rose was just known as his little wife. "How am I supposed to give you a chance?"Rose said, in an eery voice, "You had no chances. You chose to mess up. It's either you chose Erika or your daughter. Michael, you missed the happiest day of our one-year-old's life." Michael looked down, knowing the mistake he made. "I know you're gonna bring up the whole religious thing but you could have come home and see how excited she was but instead you chose to break her heart," Rose snapped before rolling the window up. "Hey!"Michael cried. Rose ignored him and began to leave the parking lot.

"How'd it go?"Whitney asked. Rose was back at Whitney's place. "Not well,"Rose said, rubbing her wrist. She began to notice the pain after she pulled up in front of Whitney's place. "We got into an argument," Rose said softly," he dismissed me." Rose began to sob again. "It's ok,"Whitney said softly,"He'll get over himself. But think of your daughter. She needs her dad." Whitney had a point. Rose wouldn't be where she was without her father. She was lucky enough to at least grow up with him instead of her birth mother. "Maybe we can just take turns taking least of her-" "No, don't do that." "No one can raise a baby by themselves, Rose and I think you know that." She said. "Look at you. You're in no state to raise a child by yourself. She needs her father and I really don't want to say it but, you need him too." Deep down inside Rose knew that she couldn't take Damita Jo away from her father. It wouldn't be right for Rose knew to have her dad growing up, then turn around and take her daughter away from her's. "Yeah, but he cheated!" Rose exclaimed. "That's not fair, Whitney." She eventually got tired of saying the same thing over and over. "You're right but, he was also man enough to tell you the truth. He loves you, Rose." She replied. "Since when are you team Michael?!" Rose yelled as she pushed Whitney away. She was getting fed up, No one was standing up for her. Everything was just going wrong. She walked upstairs into Whitney's guest room and plopped on her bed. A few seconds later, she was back into tears. She knew that Whitney was right and that she had to let this one go. She sat up and wiped her nose with her sleeve. The phone rang and she ignored it. An hour later, Rose checked for voicemails. There was one from Michael. "Hey, girl...when your ready let's talk." Rose put the phone down.

She lied there looking up at the ceiling, wondering how things would be if he just hadn't cheated.