4

(Trigger Warning: Mentions of Abuse.)

(You have been warned)

Michael sat some papers in front of Rose before going into the kitchen to make them some hot chocolate.

Rose sighed softly as she picked up the papers and began to read them slowly.

Sycamore Valley Ranch, it said.

"You want us to get married at some ranch?"Rose gawked. "Yea, that's what it says, "Michael said, entering the dining from with two hot mugs. "The tabloids were right, Michael, "Rose shook her head. Michael huffed and crossed his arms. "Right about what?" He questioned. "You've really lost it," she shook her head. "Why? Where did you want to get married?"Michael asked, irritated.

"An outdoor wed-"

"Nope."

"But you...you asked."

"Didn't ask if you wanted to get married to ants."

Rose smacked her head, "But you're ok, with a ranch, which is outdoors."

"Woman, if you don't want to get married, say the words. It's not my fault Mother Nature is a single woman."

"Shut up," Rose rolled her eyes, "Do you have anything else?" Michael nodded, "Keep reading." The two stayed in silence for the next few minutes. "Rosie, did you invite your mother?" he asked. "Yea, Ella is coming. You know she wouldn't miss it. Even if an ant got ran over." Michael sighed softly. Poor woman. "No, I meant, your birth mother."

Rose scoffed and rolled her eyes. This man was playing. Tina? Who wants to invite that witch?

"Why would I invite her after all she's done to Ella and me?"Rose snapped, "That woman abused me for years, Michael. Why would I want her to show up?"

"She birthed you?"Michael shrugged. Rose shook her head and got up. "I'll see you in the morning, Michael." She kissed his cheek and soon disappeared into the hallway where the guest room was.

Michael sighed softly.

The next morning- November 1982

Rose didn't sleep all night. Once she closed her eyes, Tina came into mind. If her father was going to have an affair, why did he chose Tina? Better question, why didn't he use protection? The sun rose and it's rays covered her face. 'When was this all going to end?'she thought. It wasn't like this in New York. 'California is too sunny' she shook her head. The young woman sighed as she rose from her bed. Before she could actually get out of her bed, she heard a deep voice.

"That's some nice lingerie you got there, Petal."

Rose's head snapped back before letting out a high pitched scream. "Michael!" she shrieked before throwing a pillow at him, "What's wrong with you?"

Michael only chuckled, "I just wanted to see your pretty face. Luckily, I got more than that." Rose noticed the way his eyes sparkled when he complimented her. She looked down, "Can you leave? I wanna get ready in private."

"Can I?"

Rose glared at him. Michael put his hands up in surrender, "I'll leave." And he did. Rose sat there in her bed, replaying the whole scene again. She wanted to edit every single bit like how they do in the movies, but then again, life was a play. Everything was scripted and there was no way for her improv. Tears began to fill her eyes at that thought.

Everything was scripted and there was no way for her improv.

Why was life like this? If she could change anything, it'd be her birth. She wished she was Ella's child instead of Tina's. She wished that she could permanently stay with her father and Ella instead of having to back and forth to two different mothers. Every time she returned to Ella, Rose would have a new mark. A sign that something was wrong.

"Flower, baby," Ella said concerned, as she kneeled down to become Rose's height, "What happened to your arm."

"I-It's nothing," Rose would quietly say, fearing her mother's wrath," I was riding a bike at my mother's place."

Ella turned her head to the side, "But you don't know how to ride a bike." Rose knew that was true. She didn't know anything about riding a bike. Rose made up a quick excuse." She was teaching me."

Ella sighed and hugged Rose softly, "If something's wrong, Flower, let me know. You know I love you very much." Rose cried on her shoulder and eventually let in. Ella soon talked to Giovanni about the whole situation. They argued and didn't speak for the rest of the night. Rose, who could only hear yelling, decided she'd go see her older sibling, Jade.

Jade was her stubborn half-sister who was all about family. In 1960, 4-year-old Jade suddenly knew what her job was after Rose was born. She needed to protect her heartbroken mother and her younger sister Artemis. When Jade first met her half-sister and his father's mistress, her anger was now focused on Tina. It wasn't the baby's fault, it was her father and Tina. Jade always found time for Rose even though she had 3 other sisters at the time to take care of: Artemis, Erika(1962) and Scarlet(1964).

"They're arguing and it's all my fault, Jay Jay, "Rose cried. Jade only stroked her hair and sang softly until Rose fell asleep.

Rose had begun to cry harder at the flashback.

Why did she have to exist?