34

Early 1993

Michael hugged Rose that night. "Baby, I'm so proud of you, " Rose kissed his ear. Michael had an interview with Oprah Winfrey and reveal a lot about his life; including his skin disorder and the abuse he suffered as a kid. It hurt to talk about it but he was done with the media making up stories for him. Rose pulled away from the hugged and kissed him. This kiss wasn't passionate. It was sweet and comforting. The couple- the family just needed a relaxing night together. A vacation would have been nice but they wanted to settle. "The worse thing that could happen is Damita watching that interview. I'd turn into dust," Michael sighed. "Don't be nervous. She'll still love you," Rose kissed his eyelids. "But how will she react to Joe? You know she loves her grandfather. After your dad died, she's been close to Joe. And she'll become distant if she watches the interview," Michael rambled. Rose only giggled, "You worry too much."

"And I worry so much because of tabloids. They're on to us," Michael kissed Lisa's jaw. He just finished another session with her. "We should get married," Lisa covered herself with her blanket. Michael scoffed. "No, I'm serious. You can ditch that sensitive mixed girl and live with me," Lisa smiled. "And my daughter?" Michael looked at her with amusement. "We'll take care of the brat or we could just leave her with the Euro-African," Lisa rolled her eyes. "You know, I don't like how you talk about my family. Especially my daughter. She's one of my best creations. And I hope to get more copies of her. She's beautiful."

"Come here, baby, " Michael put his arms out for Damita, who walked towards her toys instead. Michael rolled his eyes. "I thought we had a connection," Michael whined as he looked at his 11-month-old. Damita turned around and gave him a look. "Dang, I'm sorry," Michael laughed, "You're such a pretty girl, Damita. You have a lot of good genes. Thank your mom for that." Rose walked into the room, " I don't think she cares." She picked Damita up, "You look like your Daddy, " Rose frowned. Damita began to laugh. "She knows that's a joke," Michael rolled his eyes, "I've never been that cute." Rose gasped, "Michael, go find a photo album and admire yourself."

"We can make something better," Lisa touched his biceps. Michael shook his head and picked up his shirt. "I should go."