17

January 13th, 1986

"Ok baby, you're gonna give this to mommy, ok?"Michael told 4 going 5 months Damita Jo. Damita understood nothing. Michael handed her a small box, which she began to chew on. "Baby, no," Michael cried, taking the box from her. Damita let a sharp sigh and began to cry. Michael got up quickly and began to dance. Damita stopped to see what her father was up to. She clasped her hand together and smiled for about 5 seconds. "Alright, let's go," Michael said picking her up. They walked upstairs to check on Rose.

Rose wasn't really planning to celebrate her birthday. She was more focused on The Glamour plan. She recorded some demos and was ready to present them later on today. There was soon a knock on the door. "Come in," she called. Michael soon opened the door with Damita Jo in hand. "Happy birthday," he smiled. "I thought you didn't do birthdays," Rose said softly. "I don't. Its all the baby," Michael said as he handed Damita Jo to Rose, "we went shopping last night and she spotted it." Damita began to drool. Michael handed her the box, "Give it to Mommy." Damita ended up putting it in her mouth once again. Michael sighed. "It's alright. What's in it?"Rose asked, tickling her baby's stomach. "A locket," Michael smiled, "I wanted to do something simple this year." "Correction: She, "Rose pointed to the baby," wanted to do something simple this year. I've never received a birthday present from you. And I don't really expect one from you anyways." Michael sighed and nodded, feeling a bit guilty. Rose soon took the box from Damita Jo. "I just want to see what you got me," Rose cooed as she looked at the baby's confused face. Rose carefully removed the wrap covered in Damita's saliva and opened the box. The locket was medium size and it was silver. It had her name engraved in the back. "Oh...Michael...how much was this?"Rose gapped at the necklace. "Just a few hundred dollars," he shrugged. Rose brought her drooling baby towards her, "Thank you so much."