Prologue

January 13th, 1960

8:21 pm

St. Mercy Mary Hospital, Gary, Indiana

Another baby was being born.

Mrs. Jackson was in a hurry to meet the new baby that night. She had recently got off from work and decided to have a quick change and leave. She was almost out of the door when she heard small shuffles coming from the hallway. It was her toddler, Michael. He walked out into the living room, with a blanket, and looked up his mother. Mrs. Jackson smiled and kneeled before him. "Hi, baby," she cooed," Why are you awake?" The Jackson children should have been in bed by this time. Michael only looked at her before tugging at his mother's locks. Mrs. Jackson sighed and picked him up. She decided she would take him with her.

The young woman took her son to the room most of his siblings were sleeping to pick out some outside clothing. Her search was unsuccessful, however, she found a onesie for the toddler to wear.

About 30 minutes of whining and coos, Mrs. Jackson and her toddler made it to the hospital and found the maternity level. They had checked in as 'Visitors' and found the room where the baby and the mother were. Mrs. Jackson knocked on the door and a man opened it. She smiled once she recognized that it was the baby's father. "Hello, Mr. Jones," she said softly. She walked around the curtain, expecting his wife, but instead saw another woman, holding the newborn. Mrs.Jackson didn't know who this woman was. "I'm sorry, but I'm looking for Ella Jones." She put Michael down. Mr.Jones walked in, "Katherine..." Mrs.Jackson snapped her head towards him, "Who is this, Giovanni?" Mr.Jones only looked down in shame. "My mistress..." he muttered. Mrs.Jackson began to scold him as Michael waddled over to the woman and the baby. He was confused about what he was seeing. Who was this? What was this? Why is it here? The mistress looked over at him and smiled, "Hello." Michael only ignored her and continued to stare at the baby. "Her name is Rose," the mistress said. Michael only smiled.

12 years later, a 12-year-old Rose visits with the Jacksons more. She is very close to the siblings, especially Randy Jackson. The only person she had issues with was the 14-year-old Michael Jackson, who was starting his solo recording career. Rose was a tad jealous. But Michael had been in business longer than her. Heck, she wasn't even apart of a business. Every one knew Rose could sing, but she never was signed to a label. She had told herself plenty of times that she wasn't interested, but that didn't help. However, on Michael's side of the story, he loved the stage but didn't love the pressure that was given to him. He was always overwhelmed. By the time he was 15, he didn't bother Rose, who was now 13. She enjoyed the peace now. Both Rose and Michael set aside their differences and tried to become friends. They had a pretty weird friendship until Rose had to leave Gary, Indiana in 1978. She was to leave for university and would have to leave behind her dear friend.