6

"She said yes!" Anthony exclaimed as he rushed into Rose's room. "Rose, Aaliyah wants me to take her out. Ima takes her out to the movies or takes her shopping. "
Rose shook her head, "Whoa there, buckaroo. Did you even ask where she wanted to go?" Anthony nodded his head, "But she said to surprise her." Rose thought for a minute, "You could take her as a date for the wedding."
Anthony frowned. "But that's a month away..."
"Anthony, honey, it's 2 days from now." Anthony knew that. He just didn't like hearing news about marriage. He was afraid he'd lose Michael to some girl. What was special about Rose anyways?
"Oh...Yea, "Anthony said sheepishly. Rose looked up at the young boy with concern in her eyes. "Little boy, are you ok? What's on your mind?"
Anthony shook his head. 'All is well,' he continued to tell himself

November 19th, 1982

Michael didn't sleep. All evening, he was at the wedding venue practicing what and would not happen at a wedding. How happy he was knowing Rose wasn't there to watch him mess up. He rubbed his head and asked himself why he acted like a fool the other night. Michael soon remembered: he wouldn't see his bride all day. She'd be with her sisters preparing herself. Michael knowing how stubborn Rose is convinced himself that she was doing well. She would be fine.

"Praise the suns! It's Friday!"Jade,26, cried. Rose nodded. Scarlet,18, walked into the room her sisters were hanging in. Artemis, 24, was the last sister to join them. Erika, 20, didn't show up. Rose didn't care. She never got along with her. Jade interrupted her sister's thoughts, "I can't believe Rose at 22 is getting married. This Michael must really love you." Artemis laughed, "I think he just marrying her for the V." Rose rolled her eyes, "As if Wally didn't start dating you for your's." Artemis muttered some nothing. Erika shook her head, "Anyways, plans for tomorrow?" Rose opened her mouth but Jade had beat her to it, "Makeuphairnailsdressesceremony." The room was quiet.
"I want to go natural," Rose blurted,''Michael says I was born with make-up." Jade shook her head, "He's lying." Rose opened her mouth and only a hoarse sound came out. "What is it, child? Speak up, "Artemis rolled her eyes. Rose shook her head. Jade sighed, "The only reason why I'm saying that is because he's been hanging with girls like Brooke Shields and Diana Ro-" "He said he was over Diana!" Rose snapped. She stood up, "Instead of worrying about his relationships, why don't you worry about that custody battle between you and that player Roy." The room was silent once again. Rose walked out of the room and all you could hear were her angry footsteps.

Hey, Aaliyah. So, my friend, Michael, is getting married and was wondering if you'd like to be my date for that event. It's tomorrow. Around 11 am. Let me know when you can go. Today, please. I can't drive so...anyways, have a good day.-Anthony Ramos :)

Anthony felt as if his brain was being fried. He hasn't gotten a response from Aaliyah all day. His thoughts were interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. He looked up to the angel herself. "Oh, hey," Anthony said, shyly. "Hey, "Aaliyah, smiled softly, "So, I got this." She waved the letter in his face. "Oh, that...will you be able to go?" he asked. "Sure. I just need your address and my parent's permission," she shrugged. Anthony smiled softly.