7

November 20, 1982

She was a wreck. Rose eventually paid to stay in a hotel after her fit. She needed time for herself. The sun slowly rose up and Rose turned to her side to avoid the sun's rays. Then she soon remembered it was her wedding day. 'Shoot,' she thought to herself. All her wedding stuff were back at her sisters. Rose hopped out of bed to look for a phone.

Anthony was waiting for Aaliyah in front of the Jackson Residence. Katherine wouldn't stop bugging him the girl. "Mama Kate," he groaned, "It's a surprise. I can't tell you."
The older woman nodded, "But still, you best not be doing something crazy." Anthony nodded and sighed.

Michael had cold feet. Literally. He was stuck with Joe, his 5 other brothers, and Mr.Jones, his to-be-father-in-law. "You better not back out on marrying my daughter, "Mr.Jones hissed, "she's been waiting for this day all her life." Michael gulped. All he let out was a small, hoarse, "Yes, sir." Randy tapped his older brother's shoulder, "Hey. You'll be fine." Michael rolled his eyes. He didn't have time for this. His bride is somewhere in the city and nobody knows where she is. "I think we should go to the venue...probably get him out of the wicked state."

Rose admired herself. She studied her mermaid dress. It had a plain neckline, lace sleeves and the skirt was decorated with crystals. "You look beautiful, Petal."
"Thank you, mother." Ella nodded, satisfied. "Mommy," Rose turned to face her mother, "I'm scared. What if he just wants to use me?" Ella sighed and patted the younger woman's shoulder, "You'll know. And if he does, leave immediately." Rose nodded. In reality, halfway through her mother's advice, she began to think about children. She wanted a beautiful boy. Her dream baby had the biggest brown eyes, a little plump nose like Michael during the '60s, and the silky ebony hair she shared with her father. She always wanted a kid named Michael or Jeremiah...Jermaine even. Ella soon noticed how distracted her daughter was. She sighed. "I assume you are ready," Ella whispered.

Anthony, Aaliyah, and Mrs.Jackson made it to the wedding venue. "Wow, this place is large," Aaliyah gasped. Anthony only looked down, then up at the angel. "Um, I probably gotta go find my friend. I don't wanna leave you behind though..."Anthony trailed off. Aaliyah only shook her head, "I'll be fine. You go find him. You are his best man." Anthony smiled at her before going down a hallway to find Michael.

Guest started arriving. Michael was sweating. "Dang. Puberty hit you hard, you sweat as if Mr.Jones was gonna whoop you, "Anthony joked. Michele glared at Anthony, "That isn't funny. Do you know how many times I had to outrun my own father?" Anthony rolled his eyes," I wasn't talking about yo papa. I'm talking about your papa-in-law, big dumb." Michael frowned, "It still isn't funny."