Chapter 31

Honestly, be glad I updated today. I'm literally sick from exhaustion. I woke up at 4:30 to get ready for work at 6. I have been at work until 2. I go back to work at 4 and stay until 7. It's an 11 hour day, and you're on your feet the entire time. I mean the entire time. Also I haven't been able to sleep because I have insomnia and I take melatonin (a vitamin that helps with sleep), and I'm out of it and I haven't slept more than 3 hours in the past week. So please don't comment "update" because I honestly do not have the strength and energy. Just writing this is making me feel sicker. Long rant sorry just wanted to tell you about my day.

•A Few Weeks Later•

~5 1/2 Months Pregnant~

"Jack please come with me. I have to tell my dad's side of the family I'm pregnant. I haven't seen them since Easter and they have no idea! And the rest of my mom's side is going to find out and I never really talk to my cousins."

"Alright babe. I'll ask my parents.

Jack and I are at his house and I'm asking him to go to Christmas Eve dinner at my dad's side and a Christmas party at my mom's side. It's winter break and 3 days from Christmas. I'm freaking out. He doesn't know if he can do it since that is family time. But I'm practically family right? I mean, I am having his children!

He gets up and walks downstairs to ask his parents. A few minutes later, he comes up and hugs me.

"I can go baby." I jump up and scream.

"YES! I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE!!!!" I've been really nervous to tell my mom's side. Only my grandparents and 2 aunts and uncles know from Thanksgiving. But this is the WHOLE family. Meaning my mom's cousins and their cousins. There's always a really big Christmas party. But here's the thing: the cousins always hang out throughout the year, and I only see them at Christmas. They always leave me out while I just follow them around. Last year I begged my parents to stay home instead of going. So I haven't seen them for two years.

"Oh and I got you something but you don't get it until Christmas Day. You got it?" He starts tickling me and I'm cracking up.

"Yeah I got you something too." Total lie. I haven't known what to get him at all! Shit!! Maybe I could just get him some weed or something. He's been smoking a lot more of it lately, and honestly, I find it super sexy. Ooh maybe I can buy him a glass pipe or something and something he can actually open around my parents. I'm sure that would be good. Right?

When I leave I call up JJ to take me to one of those cannabis stores to help me pick something out for him. He brought me, with his fake ID, and we looked at a few. I felt so awkward looking at them. I really am innocent.

After a while, we finally found the perfect thing. It was a tie-dye glass pipe. JJ said Jack dropped his and it broke so he didn't have one at the moment.

I was more than grateful to get out of that place because it smelled like pot and it was making me feel sick. Is that bad for the babies? To be breathing in the smell of pot? I really hope not! Since I still needed to get that sweatshirt, I asked JJ if he wanted to go with me, and he drove me over to the mall. We went to a kiosk that makes personal hoodies and shirts. I designed one that said "I love my girlfriend!" With a heart instead of love. I raced home and wrapped them both and made sure to hide the pipe under my bed.

•Christmas Eve•

We just made it to my aunt Debby's house for Christmas Eve celebration.

I was wearing a pair of Miss Me jeans and a large, oversized sweater. It was Manila colored and I wore some brown boots with the outfit.

Jack was wearing a nice dark blue dress shirt and some khaki pants. We walk hand in hand behind my parents into the house. Everyone's talking and I get nervous. My aunts dog, Maggie, runs over to me, followed by aunt Lori's dog, Tex, and my cousin Shawn's dog, Willis. I start petting them and then aunt Debbie comes over.