Chapter 38

Chapter 38

*Lizzy's POV*

Oh my god where is he? I called him 2 minutes ago. My parents are on their way home. I can't get upstairs to grab anything. He needs to get home to get the bags and get me to the car! I'm literally going into labor! I can't even sit down because my sweats are all wet and I can't get upstairs to even change and what's the point? WHERE IS JACK?

Suddenly the door slams open and he runs to me.

"Baby? You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Go upstairs and get me some towels for your car. Grab the bag and my iPod. Please. It's all in the baby's room, but grab the towels from the closet in the hall. When you're back down, we need to call the hospital."

He runs upstairs and gets everything and skips down the stairs. I tell him to wipe up the puddle first and then he calls.

He informs them that I am on my way and they tell us they will have a room ready for us. Slowly, we make our way out to his car. He lays the towels down in the backseat first and then helps me up which takes about 3 minutes. I call my parents and tell them we are on the way to the hospital, and he calls his. He reaches in the back and holds my hand and massages it. God I don't think I could do this without him.

I haven't had a contraction for about 30 minutes which is normal since I'm in the early stage of labor. I have my phone out to keep track of the contractions. I've been texting everyone about what's going on.

When I told the boys, they all started freaking out.

Taylor: KEEP CALM AND IM NOT KEEPING CALM BUT YOU NEED TO

Shawn: Lizzy you can do this! I'm wishing all the best luck!!

Matthew: OH MY GOD MATT AND MATTESHA ARE COMING

Carter: THIS IS NOT A DRILL THIS IS HAPPENING!!!

Cameron: CALL NINE ONE FUCKING ONE!!

Nash: YOU CAN DO THIS!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

Aaron: Liz! Congrats! You're gonna do great!!

We finally parked and Jack told me to stay while he grabbed a wheelchair. 5 minutes later, he came back and helped me in. He wheeled me into the maternity wing and they brought us to our room. They had to pull my pants off and help me change into the gown.

For the most part, it was pretty boring. They just were checking to make sure everything was good and I just waited for the next contraction. That was pretty much how it all went for 3 hours. The parents were all there and just kept giving me advice. I honestly got so bored I fell asleep. I mean until the next contraction.

For a while that's all that kept happening. Then the contractions started coming more frequently and they really came. I mean, they were painful! I was about 7 centimeters dilated and the contractions would come about every 3-4 minutes and lasted about 45-60 seconds.

I just kept asking Jack for a back rub or a cool washcloth for my face which he always obeyed. He was so calm and kind about it. I know sometimes I snapped at him but he understood I was in pain. I always apologized after I yelled once I finally calmed down.

I decided I would do this naturally. I think I was honestly more afraid of the needle to be honest. Plus I had researched this and decided it was best. I mean, if they HAVE to induce me, of course I'll do it if it's what's best. But for the most part, I was going to do it naturally.

At the transitional phase, I began to dilate to 10 inches. This was the most painful stage but thankfully the doctors told me this is the shortest phase. They told me it usually lasts 15 minutes to an hour. The contractions were 60-90 seconds long and only 2-3 minutes apart. I felt like I never got a break from it. At this point, I wasn't even able to talk. I just had the doctor help me with breathing techniques.

I was finally fully dilated after 13 hours. It was time.

• • • •

I woke up to a very familiar face smiling down at me.

"Can I seem them now?" I ask weakly.

"Of course baby. Just look at your right." I did as he said and there were my two beautiful little babies laying next to me in little beds.

Jack walked over and picked up little Landon and handed him to me while he held little Juliet. I just stared at the little babies in our arms and started crying.

They're just so beautiful and tiny. It's amazing to see them in real life now, since I've only seen them in pictures for the past few months. I gently hugged Landon and switched with Jack while I held Juliet. Together we were a family. I could see the love and passion in his eyes.

"You're my little man. Oh Landon, I love you. And my little Juliet, oh you're my little princess."

"First we had each other and now we have you two. And now we're complete."

Before we had left the hospital, all of our friends came to visit us, even the Magcon boys. They all flee their own separate ways to get here. They were so happy. However, Matt and Taylor didn't quite understand the concept of needing to be extra quiet around them, but when Shawn and Aaron took them out, they finally calmed down.

Our parents, however mad they had been, were so happy to be grandparents. After seeing those little babies, their lives were turned upside down. I have a bad feeling they're going to be spoiling the kids a lot.

As for us, we are taking it all day by day. It's never going to be easy. But we have each other. And we are a pretty happy family.

Wow so this book is finished! Take some time to look at the picture I used for this chapter because it's adorable! And I went through and put pictures for each of the chapters. So I want to just thank all of you guys for being so loyal and amazing and I know I took a long break which you guys didn't like but some of you continued to keep it in your library. You guys are the reason I decided to finish this book. I'm actually not kidding on that. I wouldn't have finished if I didn't keep thinking of you guys being left with no idea on how it ended.

Well thanks for the awesome love and support you guys have given me. I love you guys.