Chapter 27

•2 1/2 Weeks Later•

~Five Months Pregnant~

Jack and I haven't talked to each other since our fight. We are both being stubborn and we don't want to prove one of us is at fault for our actions.

Thankfully, Jack and JJ have been away at Magcon more often than they've been at school. But when I do see him surrounded by Mallory, Kenna, JJ and Sam, he always catches my eye then looks away.

When JJ and Jack are away, Kenna and Mallory and Sam hang out with me and the girls. But they're trying not to pick a side but they seem to be on Jack's side more often than not.

Every day I wake up, knowing he's still mad at me. I cry myself to sleep every night. I never knew how hard it was to sleep without him.

My doctors appointments are harder going without him. They always ask where Jack is and I always have to tell them what happened. But lately I've just been saying he's away.

While I'm getting ready today, slowly like always, my mom comes in.

"Hey Liz, remember today is your next ultrasound. It's a big one. You find out the genders!"

"Oh right. Thanks mom." She leaves. I just break down crying.

"Lizzy, you better get going or you'll be late!" I hear mom call. I clean up myself and get in my car and drive to school. I make it to school in plenty of time and I stand at my locker with my friends. I spot Jack at Sammy's locker with everyone.

"You have to make up with him. It's so sad!" Madison says.

"Okay I guess. But what if he doesn't forgive me? I don't want to go to the ultrasound alone."

"We promise we will go with!" Kati says. Madison and Emily nod their heads in agreement.

I walk over to the group, and walk behind Jack. I tap him on the shoulder.

"Jack, can we talk? Privately?" My stomach is churning.

"Yeah sure." He takes me outside.

"Um. Listen Jack, I have felt terrible for how rude I was to you. And being without you has made me realize how much I love you and how much I need you. I was being a bitch. And I'm so sorry. I really am." I get tears in my eyes, afraid he still won't want me.

But I feel two arms engulf me and I smell that familiar scent. God he smells so good. I missed his cologne. But I do smell weed on him. Oh well.

"Lizzy, I'm sorry I was so clingy. I was afraid to let something happen to you. That hospital trip was so scary, do you realize that?" I nod. "I'm sorry I was so stubborn. I've really missed you." He kisses me. I hear pounding on the glass and we both turn to see all our friends watching. Both of us flip them off, laughing.

"Oh and Jack?"

"Yeah babe?"

"Do you want to find out the genders? Because there's an ultrasound after school today."

"Holy shit yes!!!!" He exclaims.

~After School~

"I'll drive and we can pick up your car on the way back, okay princess?" Jack gave me yet another kiss. God I missed his kisses.

We drive to the doctor office and check in. After waiting for a few minutes they finally call us back.

"Hi Lizzy, so just get up on the table and pull up your shirt for me." The nurse told me. I did as she told me to and she put the goo on my belly. She turned the machine on and started spreading the jelly around with the transducer. Jack holds my hand and we both look at the screen.

It doesn't take long to get the babies up on the screen. I'm much bigger now.

"Look, baby, they're they are! There's our babies! Oh my god." Jack kisses my hand.

"Alright, do you want to know the gender now or would you like it to be a surprise?" The nurse turns to us.

At the same time, Jack and I both say now. We haven't got ready at all because we wanted to know the gender. So we need to paint the room, get all the equipment, get baby clothes, and everything else! That takes a lot of time and we only have 4 months left.

"Okay well I'm seeing one boy, and a girl."

Oh my god!!! Oh my god! We are having a boy and a girl! This is amazing!

Jack kisses me and pulls out his phone.

"Um, do you mind maybe saying that again? It's for a video." The nurse looks annoyed but at his request, she does what he asks. I can't tell if it's vine or a regular video. I don't know what he's doing with it but before the breakup, he had been taking lots of videos and pictures. He's probably making a collage or something. This is probably part of it.

My phone starts buzzing while we get cleaned up and I look at my notifications. It's from Vine. They now found my Vine... I look at the video and see Jack posted the video of the nurse. The caption simply said #prouddaddy

Aww! God Jack is so cute! I suddenly get notifications from the boys.

"CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!" Taylor sends

"I KNEW IT I CALLED IT I WIN" Cam says.

"I WIN TOO CAM DONT FORGET YOUR BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!" Nash protests.

"You need to think of names guys!" Aaron says.

"Guys, congratulations! -uncle Shawn😊"

"I'm so happy for you guys man. Congratulations" Carter sends.

"NAME THE BOY MATT AFTER HIS FAVORITE UNCLE AND NAME THE GIRL MATTESHA FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!"

As we read through the boys texts we giggle. Oh my god, this is really happening.