Chapter 29

Sorry for a small chapter! I'm kinda having writers block...

Jack and I went to Babies R Us to register gifts we wanted for our baby shower. They would be sharing a room and we decided we would paint the girl's side pink and the boy's side blue, and split it right down the middle. We found 2 white cribs and scanned them with the gun. We found changing tables, strollers, car seats and everything else we needed. We couldn't afford any of this so that's why we would be having a shower. We really needed help.

We walked past the pillows and I run back.

"Jack! Can we get one! It looks so comfy and you know I love pillows. And it's a body pillow!"

"Liz, you don't need that. You have me to snuggle with."

"But Jaaaackkk!!!!! What about when you're gone?" I start pouting.

"Lizzy, you don't need it! You have me. I'm better than any pillow." I start fake crying. "Fine whatever, put it on the registry tab."

"No Jack, I want it now!!" I protest.

"Wha- no! I'm not buying that for you when you have me. No fucking way."

I stomp my feet. "Jack Finnegan Gilinsky! I want it!"

"You are acting like a child! God, fine. Just... Fucking get it. I can't believe you. You are being so childish." I giggle with glee that I won the argument.

At the checkout station, Jack has no emotion on his face as the cashier checks us out. He looks so pissed he lost. He pays with a credit card and we walk out of the store, me holding onto my new pillow. It's so soft and comfy.

Jack won't even look at me in the car on the way home. I keep pestering him but he keeps a straight face.

"Alright Jack, how about this. I will name it Jack, and I will only use it when you're gone to Magcon or can't stay at my house. It can be my makeshift boyfriend when you're gone!" He turns to face me and starts laughing.

"Alright babe. That works for me. But you never use it around me because I don't wanna be thrown to the side! I just remember watching that one movie with JLo, and she got that pillow and the guy never got to sleep with her. Remember? And then he threw the pillow out in the dump. I don't wanna be like that."

"Oh my god, is that what this is all about?" We start cracking up. Jack looks at me and we can't stop laughing. Jack turns back to the road.

"SHIT!" He throws his arm around me and a truck hits us. I feel a sharp pain all over my upper body as the car rolls down a hill.

"LIZZY! Lizzy stay with me. Say something. Please baby. Please!"