Chapter 21

I'm eating breakfast and my phone rings. I look at the text from Madison.

"Brian just asked me to homecoming!"

Great. Madison has Brian, Kati got asked by Hayden, and Emily is going with Luke. I have Jack but he hasn't even asked me yet. I'm getting annoyed. I mean, homecoming is in 2 weeks. I won't barely have time for my makeup and hair appointments and getting a dress. All the good dresses are probably taken.

Suddenly, my phone dings yet again. This one is from JJ.

"Liz! Wanna hang with Sam and I? Katherine wants to have a family day or something stupid like that with Jack and his dad.... And we are bored"

"Sure. Let me just get ready. Sweats okay?"

"They're fine. We're probably just gonna play video games and watch movies."

Good. It's a rainy day. I go upstairs and throw my hair in a messy bun and put on some baggy grey sweatpants and a hoodie with the OBEY logo. I run to my car, getting soaked and drive off to JJ's house.

I knock on the door and he opens it up. "Hey Liz! So I was thinking of doing a puzzle. And Sammy was excited to do that too. So what do you think?"

"Sure a puzzle sounds fun." We walk downstairs and Sammy is shuffling the puzzle pieces all over the ground. There's about only 100 pieces so it should be easy.

We spend time getting the corner pieces and go from there. About halfway through, I realize it the picture looks like... Jack and I? With words over our faces. Okay so Jack set this up. I need to see what it says!

I start really working so I can finish it and do the work, not the boys. It has to be for me, right? I put almost all the words together and I realize what it is.

Will you go to -----coming with me?

-Jack

I put the home piece in and the boys start cheering.

"So will you?" I hear a familiar voice. I turn around to see Jack holding 12 red roses. I jump up and give him a giant hug.

"Yes Jack! Oh my god that was so adorable! I love you so much! I can't wait to go!!" I start jumping around and Jack makes me stop.

"Stop, don't hurt my babies." He has a pouty face and I laugh and kiss him.

"You're so cute." I take a picture and send it to the girls, and they all exclaim about how cute of an idea that was. We all plan a date to go get our dresses together, so they must have been waiting for Jack to grow some balls and finally ask me.

~That Saturday~

"But look how pretty this one is for your skin complexion!"

"No way, purple looks so much prettier on you!"

"Green suits you perfectly!"

"Guys should I get this dark blue one or this light pink one?"

All the girls were freaking out about the dresses. Meanwhile, I stayed silent while I looked through all the racks and tried to find the perfect one.

"Lizzy! Help us over here, pink or green for Kati?" Madison asks. Kati held the green up and Madison held the pink. The green is super dark and has sequins on the top. I chose the green.

"What about the purple or blue for me?" Emily asks holding hers up. The purple was a tight fitting dress with a sequin sash and really looked good. I obviously said the purple.

"Okay do you like the blue or black dress?" Madison asked holding hers up. The blue looked prettiest on her. It was a tight fitting dress with sequins all over the front, falling into a waterfall. That was the one for her.

After I finished helping with them, they all ran around the store looking for my dress. The held up a ton but I shot most of them down.

"Orange?" Gross. Not a good color on me.

"What about yellow?" It makes me look pale.

"Green?" No way for me.

"Red?" It's not the color for me.

I found a beautiful hi-low dress that was ombré. It started light blue at the top and descended into dark blue at the bottom. The top sash was sequined. I tried it on and it looked amazing, not even showing my baby bump. I tried on a few more dresses but my favorite stayed on the one I found. We ended up getting our dresses and squealing about how excited we were.