Chapter 2

At 6:30 I decided to start getting ready. I ate dinner with my parents and told them I was going out tonight. I told them to not expect me home because I would probably sleep at someone's house. I got in the shower and put some makeup on. I used dark brown eyeshadow just to the middle of my lids then black eyeliner to the middle. Then I put on a couple layers of mascara, putting on my foundation last. I went to my closet and decided to wear a dress. I was torn between a navy blue dress with white dots and a tiered bottom and a white dress. I decided the blue dress looked too fancy, considering I wore it for Easter. So I put on the white dress with some small brown boots with a heel. I don't usually wear shoes with a heel even though I am only 5ft tall, but I decided these would look perfect with this dress. I went and dried my hair and straightened it. I don't want to be that girl that curls her hair for parties. I very rarely ever curl my hair because I never have time. Next I put on a ring and a long butterfly necklace.

By the time I got ready it was 8:25. I just played on my phone until I heard Madison walk in my house. She comes upstairs wearing a pair of shorts and a purple blouse. Soon Emily got here wearing a light blue dress with her hair curled and a pair of very cute flats. At 9, Kati finally arrived, wearing a pair of shorts and a floral tank top. We drove in my car because I had the biggest car. I don't have a car yet, I'm sharing with my brother who is in college. So we took my dad's Lexus.

I didn't need directions there. Everyone knows where Jack's house is. But he lives 2 blocks away from me. We live in a richer neighborhood. My friends call my house a mansion, but it's really not that big. Maybe it's not big to me because I've lived here my whole life...

I parked the car and we walked inside. The party was already huge. The music was blaring and there were people groping and grinding on each other. Everyone had a drink. Emily decided to be the designated driver. I had drank before but always with my parents. So I wanted to drink and maybe get a bit drunk. Madison didn't want to get wasted because she was afraid of getting sick so she was only going to have a small drink. And we lost Kati the second we got in the house, she saw her guy friends and went off with them. As I walked to the kitchen, I bumped into somebody and almost fell until they caught me.

"Whoa there are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I recognized that voice. I looked up and it was Jack Gilinsky.

"Oh um, yeah! Thanks so much Jack."

"Sure thing. Um.. Lizzy right? We had a class together last year?" We actually had 3 but I just nodded and smiled. "Well I think I owe you a drink for tripping you." He takes my hand and gets me a red solo cup, full of beer. I take it and we clink the cups together, both taking a drink.

I continued to talk to Jack and he would introduce me to his friends and call me his friend. He would put his arm on my shoulder or around my waist and didn't seem to want to let go. By 10:30, we were both getting pretty drunk and giggly.

"Come on Lizzy! Let's go dance!" I started to get a bit nervous because 1) I'm not a good dancer and 2) I don't know how he wanted me to dance. Did he want to grind, or jump around, or actually dance? I've never even grinded on a guy before! What if I do it wrong?

I stood facing him and he turned me around, pulling my hips toward his hips. He started to move my hips back and forth with his hands when he realized I wasn't really moving, so he must be trying to help. I finally got the hang of it but he kept his hands on my hips, he grinded his hips on my ass and we got into a rhythm. He moved his hands to my stomach and pulled me closer, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Liz, this feels so good." He moaned in my ear. "Wanna go upstairs?"

I was so enchanted by him I nodded my head. He pulled me up the stairs, pulling me through the sweaty couples making out and grinding. He pulled me into a dark room that was probably his. He shut the door and turned the light on. Definitely his room.

The walls were dark blue and the comforter was blue and green. There were a few Bob Marley posters and some posters talking about smoking weed. It had pictures of him and his friends Jack and Sam all over the walls. There was nothing on the floor, he probably picked up for the party. Or maybe he's always clean like this.

He noticed me staring at the room. "You like it?" He smiled. God he has a perfect smile.

"Yeah it's really nice. Oh my god is that you and Jack Johnson?!" I squeal at a picture of them in 2nd grade. Both of them have no front teeth and are showing off their gums. They became best friends in kindergarten. He starts laughing at the picture. But then he just starts staring at me.

"I've had an awesome night with you, Lizzy. I've kinda wanted to ask you something all night." He's staring at my eyes and lips back to my eyes.

"Yeah sure. What is it?"

"Can I kiss you?"