Chapter 14

I wake up looking like a troll. Suddenly, my stomach churns and I run to my toilet and empty my stomach. Ugh, this morning sickness really sucks. I brush my teeth to get rid of the disgusting taste. I go back to my phone and look at the weather report.

62 is the high. Should be cloudy all day. 70% chance of rain. 20% chance of light snow.

Good. I did not feel like getting dressed up. I put my Avalanche hoodie on and throw my hair up in a messy bun. I decide to wear a pair of Miss Me jeans and my galaxy Vans. Before I go downstairs for breakfast, I put a thin line of eyeliner and a small amount of mascara. Perfect.

I make my way downstairs and grab a banana and a bowl of cereal. I didn't usually eat a big breakfast before this, but now I'm always hungry. I guess I have to have a nutritious meal for the baby.

Right when I finish, I hear a a knock on the front door. Jack's here. I really gotta get a car. I pick up my backpack and open the door. The first thing I see is his smiling face.

"Hello gorgeous. Damn you look beautiful today."

"Shut up. I do not. I didn't even try."

"I think you look even more beautiful with less makeup, but even better without it at all." He kisses my cheek, causing me to melt. How does he do this to me?

The car ride to school was filled with music, not too loud. He didn't want to scare the baby. He's so silly sometimes. The music wouldn't scare the baby.

We park in the senior lot and make our way to the senior hallway, hand in hand. I go to my locker, just three down from Jack's. I grab my psychology book and wait for Jack to fish out his astronomy binder. When he closes his locker, he places his hand in mine again. Before we start walking, Drew, the most popular guy in school, stopped us.

"Gilinsky. Just the man I wanted to see."

"Drew. What do you need?"

"You know, living next to you really has it's perks sometimes. I always hear everything that happens. Especially when Jack Gilinsky gets angry. Lizzy, did you know Jack is so loud when he's angry." Drew says looking at me. I just roll my eyes. God he always goes on with his stories. Why is he popular? Oh right. He's the "hottest guy in school."

"What are you going on about, Drew? You really drag your stories on. It's kind of pointless."

"Well, I'll get to the point then. Yesterday, I was walking my dog around the block. Your garage door happened to be open and I saw lots of smashed things in there."

"Yeah? So I got mad and smashed a few things. Where are you going with this?"

"Hold on, little buddy. I just so happened to be there right when you calmed down. I heard you say.. What were the words? 'She wants an abortion?'" I look up at Jack when Drew says that. His eyes were wide. Drew continues. "So I thought about it. About a month ago was your party. About a month ago, you two started dating. Girls have periods every month. And when they miss it, that means they're pregnant. So therefore, Lizzy, must be pregnant." He smirks at us. I take a small step back, afraid of what might happen.

"Drew, leave us alone. Just go fuck off. It's none of your business."

"I don't care if it's my business or not. I can do whatever I want with this information. So Lizzy, did you get your abortion? You look a bit fat so I'm guessing no." I look down, not noticing a difference. Jack pushes him up against a locker.

"Don't you ever talk to my girlfriend like that! Or any girl for that matter! You're a fucking dickhead. Go fuck yourself." Jack picks up his binder and puts his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close. We walk off, tears in my eyes. Everyone stares at us as we walk past them. I know Drew will tell the whole school now. He's pissed at Jack, and he always uses that to his advantage.